Latest Samsung Ativ S firmware updates

Kambiz IranParast

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site
The camera is crap compared to the ATIV S. That phone has a decent 8mp shooter while the Lumia 1320 has a 5mp camera.

The Lumia 1320 has the cyan update which is really only WP8.1. So that means no folder support. Update 1 is included in the upcoming denim update. So the ATIV S is more up to date than the 1320.

I'll post some pics soon

Thanks bro,

You already made up my mind about getting a 1320. I really like to have a camera that acts like a phone. This means that 1320 is out of the picture for me no matter how good the other features are. I take lots of pics.

I'll hang on to my Ativ until the new Microsoft phones come out next year.

I would have kept my Samsung longer but it seems to me that after the update, I'm having microSD problems. Besides, I think for 8.1, I would need at least 2gb of RAM because my phone lags a bit after 8.1.1 update. Have you experienced the same problem maybe?

However, I thank you in advance for the pics that you will post.

Thx again

tofmin

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Besides, I think for 8.1, I would need at least 2gb of RAM because my phone lags a bit after 8.1.1 update. Have you experienced the same problem maybe?

Ativ S, CSC ATO, latest firmware and OS updates, no PfD, phone works better than 8/8.1. Very smooth and fast, no lags, great battery and no camera bug. I'm very happy :)

PS. Yes, I has PfD but the camera bug pissed me off so I reflash with 8 GDR2.

Kambiz IranParast

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site
Ativ S, CSC ATO, latest firmware and OS updates, no PfD, phone works better than 8/8.1. Very smooth and fast, no lags, great battery and no camera bug. I'm very happy :)

PS. Yes, I has PfD but the camera bug pissed me off so I reflash with 8 GDR2.

Thank you.
I'll redo my phone including a format of my microSD card and see how it works.

Are you using a microSD card with your phone? Any problems with the phone constantly scanning your card or not reading it?

Thanks in advance for your reply

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Thank you.
I'll redo my phone including a format of my microSD card and see how it works.

Are you using a microSD card with your phone? Any problems with the phone constantly scanning your card or not reading it?

Thanks in advance for your reply

Is your Micro SD a Class4 or Class10? I heard that people with Class 4 micro SD card (old ones) had the same problem as you, when they switched to newer Class10, problems gone.

Stefan Holder

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Is your Micro SD a Class4 or Class10? I heard that people with Class 4 micro SD card (old ones) had the same problem as you, when they switched to newer Class10, problems gone.

Hmm..maybe that will explain the issues in having with my 1320 with my 32gig SD card.. I just checked and its a class 4 SanDisk. If I try to move apps to the SD card or even set apps to install to SD card, my phone gets all wonky. Apps will be stuck at the installing stage forever...tiles will lose info...apps stop loading correctly or crash..or worse..phone becomes unresponsive and gets heated up like a virgin on prom night. Once I revert to installing apps on internal storage, phone is fine. Funny thing is this only happens in relation to apps storage.. Music, photos and vids save to SD card without problems. 😶

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Hmm..maybe that will explain the issues in having with my 1320 with my 32gig SD card.. I just checked and its a class 4 SanDisk. If I try to move apps to the SD card or even set apps to install to SD card, my phone gets all wonky. Apps will be stuck at the installing stage forever...tiles will lose info...apps stop loading correctly or crash..or worse..phone becomes unresponsive and gets heated up like a virgin on prom night. Once I revert to installing apps on internal storage, phone is fine. Funny thing is this only happens in relation to apps storage.. Music, photos and vids save to SD card without problems. ��

"Like a virgin on a prom night" - LOOOOL, you killed me with this one, haha.
Anyway, here is some useful links to see the difference between Class 4 and Class 10 memory cards:
- CARDS - WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SDHC AND SD CARDS?
- How to Buy an SD Card: Speed Classes, Sizes, and Capacities Explained

dw852

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Huh, 69 pages and you didn't even spot that people had the Official release of WP8.1.1 on the ATIV S!!?! :confused:

People here used to tell the others how to work around to get the update. Good to know that it is official, and I will check the update daily.

Marco Arrichiello

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
I contacted Samsung Hungary, to say them that I have an hungarian serial number Ativ S, and ask them when the update 8.1 will be available. They replied that don't know anything about this update, but they eventually contact the responsible department

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I contacted Samsung Hungary, to say them that I have an hungarian serial number Ativ S, and ask them when the update 8.1 will be available. They replied that don't know anything about this update, but they eventually contact the responsible department

I've said this before but that's because you talked to the support monkeys, have a look on the support website for an email the CEO link and use that instead.

Snomii

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
That might be a problem. Samsung Slovenia only has a Facebook page, no telephone numbers, no email addresses. Probably the same with other unimportant countries (as Slovenia)

Snomii

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
I was looking for the topic Boris had said he made about the awesomeness of AtivS+WP8.1.1 but I couldn't find it, so..
Battery life after 2 cycles is better! On WP8.0 I had to be careful with phone usage to get 2 days out of the battery, but lately I charged the phone every other night, which means I got around 1d 15hours (with about 30-40% left)... Now, after the same kind of use as before, I have my battery at 15 % (5h to go) after 2d 8h run! I'm not a hardcore used though: calendar, calculator, msgs, emails, browsing...
However, as I read that these batteries don't like having low percentage, I'll probably try to charge the phone daily! It's good to know how much juice I can get from my phone in one cycle.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I was looking for the topic Boris had said he made about the awesomeness of AtivS+WP8.1.1 but I couldn't find it, so..
Battery life after 2 cycles is better! On WP8.0 I had to be careful with phone usage to get 2 days out of the battery, but lately I charged the phone every other night, which means I got around 1d 15hours (with about 30-40% left)... Now, after the same kind of use as before, I have my battery at 15 % (5h to go) after 2d 8h run! I'm not a hardcore used though: calendar, calculator, msgs, emails, browsing...
However, as I read that these batteries don't like having low percentage, I'll probably try to charge the phone daily! It's good to know how much juice I can get from my phone in one cycle.

If you were searching about my first impressions with the new WP8.1.1 then here is the link from that post:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/samsung-ativ-s/295444-52.htm#post2838918
Altho I do have almost finished re-review of the WP8.1.1 running on my ATIV S i8750 after 2 months, but I will post it as a new thread (will provide link in the opening post of this thread though) after new year day, cuz 2 months period will end at December 31st. :)
About battery life, I did explain in details about the batteries on the ATIV S, but i am too lazy to search for the post now, I will do that later and will EDIT this post with a link. :)

Marco Arrichiello

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
If I change my CSC to get the update, can I also see my actual CSC? Should be the hungarian one, but who knows...
After, can I restore the original CSC without consequences?

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
If I change my CSC to get the update, can I also see my actual CSC? Should be the hungarian one, but who knows...
After, can I restore the original CSC without consequences?

I already elaborate this in few posts before, but, if you change just the CSC (not flashing a new rom), then if you get the update, right after you get it and all is done, you can switch back to your previous CSC, the phone will hard reset and you got it back then.
My default CSC was MBM (which stands for T-Mobile Macedonia). When i was on WP8 GDR2 (the highest that MBM can go) I swithced to NEE and got the WP8 GDR3, then i did switch back to MBM but after a while i did get back to NEE and leave it that way and almost 2 months ago i got the official WP8.1.1 with NEE. Today i am still running on NEE and everything is working perfectly. Altho my ATIV S i8750 came with 40 different CSC's. Hope I cleared things better for you now. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte