Bluetooth and 8.1 preview-losing connection and not able to reestablish?

Chris Bardon

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone else had an issue with this phone and the dev preview where you'd lose a Bluetooth connection, and then not be able to reestablish? Here's the scenario I've got:
1-BT enabled, headset connected, everything is fine
2-BT still enabled, but headset connection drops
3-Go into the BT menu, devices all show as "paired".
4-Tap on a device to try to connect, goes to "connecting"
5-Disable BT-progress bar that never completes (dots at top of the screen)

Alternatively, I can try to disable BT first (which works) and then reenable, but when I enable BT it has the same infinite progress indicator. Only solution is to then power cycle the phone, at which point I'm back to step 1.

Seems like something a new firmware might have to fix?

Luis_Oliveira

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
It happens to me almost every time I connect my headset. It's very annoying!
Most of times I have to restart the cellphone to get connection working again.

themainman

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I've been able to avoid this issue by restarting my phone every couple of days since upgrading to 8.1.1. My bluetooth is paired at least twice a day to my car and some days many more times. It was worse on 8.1 but changes to the bluetooth stack in 8.1.1 seem to have made improvements that keep it from crashing as often. It is definitely a firmware related bug as the OS is abstracted from the hardware level. Hopefully, we'll see an update soon and even more hopefully the update will bring BT 4.0 LE to our Ativs.

th3rookie

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I'm on WP8.1.1 and I still have this problem. If I want BT to work properly, I have to disable WiFi. And again, if I want WiFi to work properly, I have to disable BT. All this before it tries to connect. If it tries to connect before I had time to disable the one I don't need, I'll need to restart the phone. Both can be activated when I restart but as soon as, let say, it connect to a wifi connection, it won't be able to connect to a BT device if I don't turn off wifi first. Even if I'm not connected to the wifi network anymore.

peterbbb

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Having the same issue and found the fastest way to get rid of it by switching flying mode ON then OFF. It at least resolves the issue with BT.

Chris Bardon

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Anyone managed to find a better solution to this yet? I'm still running into this problem where BT just refuses to work without a phone restart (although not quite as often as before). Still on Bell Canada with OS 8.10.14206.306, and fw 2212.13.11.2. Is there a way to force the firmware update, or is it just a matter of waiting for Bell to approve it?

anon(8316658)

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Anyone managed to find a better solution to this yet? I'm still running into this problem where BT just refuses to work without a phone restart (although not quite as often as before). Still on Bell Canada with OS 8.10.14206.306, and fw 2212.13.11.2. Is there a way to force the firmware update, or is it just a matter of waiting for Bell to approve it?

you need to wait for a new FW (if you get one)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos