ATIV S GT-i8750 8.1 Update ?

MI55

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Guys, please help me.
I'm going round in circles looking for a simple set of instructions (with links to the required tools and firmware) to flash my AtivS i8750 to the latest available 8.1 (or whatever the latest is we can get).
I'm fully au fait with flashing Android so I'm not a novice but haven't ever done a WP phone at all.
Thanks for any help or assistance :) x

WinSammie

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
No need to flash it if it still works, loading and activating the Preview for Developers app will make your Ativ update to the latest 8.1.1 automatically. The proces can be found on the forum. Take care, it can make your camera buggy. And be sure you have the 8.0 GDR3 firmware (at least 2424.13.10.1). But all other advantages (live folders etc.) make it worth the effort!

t333to

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I have firmware version 2424.13.5.1 and developer preview and there are problems with camera (flash isn't working properly most of the time, sometimes the camera stops working and a reboot is required), everything else works nicely.

Why the crap didn't I receive the 2424.13.10.1 firmware update? My CSC is ATO.

WinSammie

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I have firmware version 2424.13.5.1 and developer preview and there are problems with camera (flash isn't working properly most of the time, sometimes the camera stops working and a reboot is required), everything else works nicely.

Why the crap didn't I receive the 2424.13.10.1 firmware update? My CSC is ATO.

I'm on ATO too.... but still camera problems with flash after photo and black screen after using video camera. Perhaps ATO doesn't update firmware when you are on PfD?

Teodor Florin

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I've updated today and I can confirm that the latest version does fix the camera issue in ativ s. Here's a screenshot with the version I have.
proof.png

Geo L

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Nope, the camera issue is still there with the latest update, unfortunately.

Attachments

• wp_ss_20140925_0001.png
    wp_ss_20140925_0001.png
    110.5 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

t333to

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
No one knows when and if it actually comes... There was some information about a mid september to mid october update but nothing confirmed. It could be that Samsung will release the 8.1 update with both GDR1 and GDR2 updates packed in, that would be the only logical explanation why are they taking so much time to release the new update, the other one would be that the update will simply not be released, but that's probably not the case as there are some apps like Ativ Camera and Ativ Clock that were recently posted to the Samsung Windows phone store and they only work with 8.1 update! But then again maybe the update is only coming to the more recently released ATIV SE...

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
No one knows when and if it actually comes... There was some information about a mid september to mid october update but nothing confirmed. It could be that Samsung will release the 8.1 update with both GDR1 and GDR2 updates packed in, that would be the only logical explanation why are they taking so much time to release the new update, the other one would be that the update will simply not be released, but that's probably not the case as there are some apps like Ativ Camera and Ativ Clock that were recently posted to the Samsung Windows phone store and they only work with 8.1 update! But then again maybe the update is only coming to the more recently released ATIV SE...

I know that I keep saying this but I think the reason the update hasn't been pushed out yet is due to the BitLocker issue which has now been resolved. Microsoft probably told Samsung to put a hold on rolling it out until it was fixed.

gugman

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
wp_ss_20140930_0001 (1).jpg
after updating to 8.10.14176.243 my camera does not work at all anymore, nor soft nor hard reset solved the issue, have no idea what to do. any advises? thanx !

gugman

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
i have reverted back to gdr3 and camera worked with no issues what so ever, but as soon as i updated to 8.1 am having same issue, camera just does not load, never had this problem with previous 8.1 updates. any idea? or how can i switch back not to last update but for instance to one update release before the latest?

anon(8316658)

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
i have reverted back to gdr3 and camera worked with no issues what so ever, but as soon as i updated to 8.1 am having same issue, camera just does not load, never had this problem with previous 8.1 updates. any idea? or how can i switch back not to last update but for instance to one update release before the latest?

Samsung Ativ S has some problems with WP 8.1.. we cant do anything with it unless Samsung releases new firmware.

Hmm.. revert back to WP 8 (again) install developer preview and search for new updates. First 2 updates are WP8.1 only.. you can try to install only this two but it wont fix your camera problem.

My camera Works good but I have problems with Flash and sometimes the camera freezes... and the ringtone resets back to factory setup

gugman

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
problems with flash and camera freeze were my issues as well but at least i was able to shoot some photos, now with latest update it just does not work at all, and i think everyone has ringtone reset issue :(
will try first 2 updates
thank you

anon(8316658)

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
problems with flash and camera freeze were my issues as well but at least i was able to shoot some photos, now with latest update it just does not work at all, and i think everyone has ringtone reset issue :(
will try first 2 updates
thank you

no problem, if the problem still persists try hard reset.. its worth a try
good luck

dubbaYous

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Just curious I notice Teodor Florin has a firmware rev no. 2424.13.5.1 whereas the firmware rev. no for Geo L is 2434.13.10.1 Is this the reason for one saying No camera problems compared to other having camera problems????

Also notice bootloader version are different first one is 13.04.19.21 compared to 13.08.14.16

anon(8316658)

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Just curious I notice Teodor Florin has a firmware rev no. 2424.13.5.1 whereas the firmware rev. no for Geo L is 2434.13.10.1 Is this the reason for one saying No camera problems compared to other having camera problems????

Also notice bootloader version are different first one is 13.04.19.21 compared to 13.08.14.16

i think Samsung (or carrier) released a new FW for some regions but this update has nothing to do with WP 8.1

Pavan_KD

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
My firmware is 0424.13.10.1 (is everyone is doing typo mistake of 2 instead of 0?) If its '2', then I didnt received any other updates of firmware after I had purchased. But 8.1 working like a charm apart from camera flash issue. As per the ringtone, it was still my custom mp3 ringtone and it didnt got reset to standard ringtone (using 8.1 from one week). Am enjoying 8.1 (through dev prev). My OS version: 8.10.12382.878

Phone update showing new updates to be downloaded and installed. Is it safe to go ahead with the new update or it will impact the existing one?

Duareg

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
My firmware is 0424.13.10.1 (is everyone is doing typo mistake of 2 instead of 0?) If its '2', then I didnt received any other updates of firmware after I had purchased. But 8.1 working like a charm apart from camera flash issue. As per the ringtone, it was still my custom mp3 ringtone and it didnt got reset to standard ringtone (using 8.1 from one week). Am enjoying 8.1 (through dev prev). My OS version: 8.10.12382.878

Phone update showing new updates to be downloaded and installed. Is it safe to go ahead with the new update or it will impact the existing one?
Can you see the update number and if it is an OS update or a firmware?
The best way to see what kind of update it is would be to download it but not install it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs