T899M 8.1 official Samsung firmware update

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I have been going around threads lately and have this question - is T899 ok to use with latest dev updates? Sorry for the bump.
Are you showing an update available? My unlocked Rogers T899M does not show the new update. Thought it was pulled. I am on dev preview 8.1 update 1 without Samsung firmware update.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I will be attempting dev update asap. I just wanted to know if there are more users who experience the bootloop(and other issues) with our model T899 or the other one as a confidence booster.

Hey, good luck! Dev preview 8.1 on my ATIV S is great, with the exception of the camera bug. Since my ATIV T899 is not showing the update to 14219 as available (still at 14203) I can't comment on the bootloop problem.

mary beth

travisel

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Merry Christmas....and still no response Samsung for Canadian Windows Phone 8.1 update! ...nothing ....so disappointed that the last update for my ATIV S is GDR3.....now with out Windows Phone 8.1 OS I can't us any new apps and I'm stuck in a contract for 1 more year now with out any new apps I'm so disappointed.....I should have bought the Lumia 1020.

nerdysquared

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
Merry Christmas there is no update, no new nothing what the..., not getting the new apps and even updates for the current apps some require 8.1, certainly unhappy

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Merry Christmas....and still no response Samsung for Canadian Windows Phone 8.1 update! ...nothing ....so disappointed that the last update for my ATIV S is GDR3.....now with out Windows Phone 8.1 OS I can't us any new apps and I'm stuck in a contract for 1 more year now with out any new apps I'm so disappointed.....I should have bought the Lumia 1020.
Hi, don't worry, Lumia 1020 freezes all the time on 8.1 when in standby so I am stuck also with 8.0.

cims182

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
Ok, 2014 is ending and no update.. thats just sad... someone with fido or sasktel carrier can tell us his update status??

Rgodel

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Received this typical reply from Samsung:

"Thank you for contacting Samsung Customer Care.

I understand that you want to update your device and you are not satisfied with the quality of services provided by Samsung.

I apologize for the inconvenience as of now there are no updates listed for your device.

We are unable to speculate when/if a software version might be available due to the fact that this might lead to inaccurate information and confusion.

Once the update is available, you will receive a notification on your phone through your carrier. Once you receive the notification you can upgrade your phone. "

I can't wait for my contract to be up and then I can dump Samsung forever....

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Received this typical reply from Samsung:

"Thank you for contacting Samsung Customer Care.

I understand that you want to update your device and you are not satisfied with the quality of services provided by Samsung.

I apologize for the inconvenience as of now there are no updates listed for your device.

We are unable to speculate when/if a software version might be available due to the fact that this might lead to inaccurate information and confusion.

Once the update is available, you will receive a notification on your phone through your carrier. Once you receive the notification you can upgrade your phone. "

I can't wait for my contract to be up and then I can dump Samsung forever....

Typical of most manufactures and cell providers, no commitment and they'll just give you a pre-scripted reply

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm with Telus, considering the Ativ S was dumped 8-9 months after they began selling it I don't anticipate a firmware update "ever" coming from them for mine, as for Bell, they still had the Ativ S on their site a month or two back so maybe you'll be one of the lucky ones.

One thing that I'd like to see is the dependancy on updates removed from the carriers hands, if the big "A" can do it why can't other's, I know it's not quite that simple but deffinitely would alleviate the sporadic implementation/uncertainty we're seeing now.

The reason Apple got away with completely independent updates is twofold:

1. They also control the hardware, so all testing is performed in-house by one company, and;

2. When the original iPhone came out it was the only device of its kind, and still was when everyone started wanting it. They got to set the terms because they were the only game in town, and they bent the carriers over the table. The carriers vowed to never let it happen again. In other words, the way Apple did it is why nobody else can.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I was able to replace my on-contract ATIV S for a Lumia 830 with a 10$ penalty fee. I will receive it tomorrow. So long Samsung.

My upgrade was mysteriously available as free even though I still had a year left on my contract, so I jumped to the 830 and never looked back. As much as I loved my Ativ, the 830 is a superior device in every conceivable way.

emiel1976

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
I went to the Lumia 1020. I have still my ativ s and the 8.1 update finally came but I have had it with Samsung. Updates takes ages before they are there. It was also with android.
I switched to Lumia because of that and I live my 1020 not only because of the camera. I now use my ativ s as a remote for my camera and let people try it to get to now WP.

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
The reason Apple got away with completely independent updates is twofold:

1. They also control the hardware, so all testing is performed in-house by one company, and;

2. When the original iPhone came out it was the only device of its kind, and still was when everyone started wanting it. They got to set the terms because they were the only game in town, and they bent the carriers over the table. The carriers vowed to never let it happen again. In other words, the way Apple did it is why nobody else can.

So in other words we as the consumer get bent over the table if we choose anything other than the "i" brand... Boy my b**t hurts lol.

Last edited:

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
My upgrade was mysteriously available as free even though I still had a year left on my contract, so I jumped to the 830 and never looked back. As much as I loved my Ativ, the 830 is a superior device in every conceivable way.

I've switched to the 830 but in my opinion can't say it's "superior" to the Ativ S, the only aspect that really trumps the Samsung is the larger screen. The 830s screen seems overly sensitive at times and can act a little quirky where results differs from actual intentions, camera slow to launch compared to the Ativ S and can't say photos are huge improvement either in my daily usage. Maybe my expectations were a little too high in regards to the 830 but do know my Ativ S has been an awesome daily driver in the 2 years of use even with its ailments acquired through pfd updates

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb