If someone received WP 8.1 GDR 1 without CSC change, please post here!

Ori Husyt

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
well, everyone talks about receiving the WP 8.1.1 after changing the CSC.
if someone gets the upgrade without this procedure, please keep us updated!

Thanks!

Dan Preda

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
looks like hong kong get update:

"I have a unlocked Ativ S purchased in Hong Kong. I am subscribed to a Hong Kong mobile provider.

It now running
-WP 8 GDR3 (updated using instructions from this forum)
-CSC: TGY
-Firmware rev:2608.13.01.1
-Not registered it for Developer Preview.

A fews days ago I got an update notifcation, does anyone know if this is for WP8.1 update 1 + samsung firmware?"

Gesh75

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
BAM!!!! Microsoft are geniuses!! Latest 'Critical update' Fixes Ativ S update issue, finally got update 1 running on my ativ (Live folders and all).
It will take some time though, and if you have allot of apps it's gonna remove most of them and reinstall them. (I have yet to see if my app memory survived especially my game games >_< ) But yeh Ativ S is back in the game! Without flashing or any of the like. So go ahead and update. If it says critical update after downloading, then that's THE update! enjoy your phones once more friends!

Ori Husyt

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
BAM!!!! Microsoft are geniuses!! Latest 'Critical update' Fixes Ativ S update issue, finally got update 1 running on my ativ (Live folders and all).
It will take some time though, and if you have allot of apps it's gonna remove most of them and reinstall them. (I have yet to see if my app memory survived especially my game games >_< ) But yeh Ativ S is back in the game! Without flashing or any of the like. So go ahead and update. If it says critical update after downloading, then that's THE update! enjoy your phones once more friends!

Are you on Preview for Developers? which CSC are you?

Gesh75

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Are you on Preview for Developers? which CSC are you?
Developer preview. I dont get why people just dont enroll in it, it's stable and especially things like the web browser have become dramatically faster.
If your worried about stability, my Iphone 6 with IOS 8.1 has more bugs than any of my devices on DP. So if you really want to get the most out of your device just enroll!! If/when the official update comes out you will still get that update too, as I have witnessed on my 1520. So would advice anyone with Ativ or any wp actually just to do it. My phone is on standard firmware I have a international Atvc S model and have enrolled it in preview for developers.
Btw is Changing you CSC the equivalent of Flashing a rom/downgrading? Cause i've had to do none of that. And with this new update I would advice against it. Microsoft has promised and has now delivered. ;)

Ori Husyt

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Developer preview. I dont get why people just dont enroll in it, it's stable and especially things like the web browser have become dramatically faster.
If your worried about stability, my Iphone 6 with IOS 8.1 has more bugs than any of my devices on DP. So if you really want to get the most out of your device just enroll!! If/when the official update comes out you will still get that update too, as I have witnessed on my 1520. So would advice anyone with Ativ or any wp actually just to do it. My phone is on standard firmware I have a international Atvc S model and have enrolled it in preview for developers.
Btw is Changing you CSC the equivalent of Flashing a rom/downgrading? Cause i've had to do none of that. And with this new update I would advice against it. Microsoft has promised and has now delivered. ;)

you are not facing the camera bug everybody is talking about?

ssx1000

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
DBT germany - on developer preview since day one and just got the Samsung firmware update and some other developer preview updates ... Now I'm on WP version 8.10.14192.280 and firmware version 2424.14.9.3

Pavan_KD

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
you are not facing the camera bug everybody is talking about?

Even am on DP...during initial updates of 8.1..faced camera problem..but subsequently on other 8.1 updates..I think its gone...this is just my assumption because my phone's camera is working absolutely fine now...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos