Can Ativ S be upgraded without infinite loop ?

Er_em

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
I was wondering the same thing. My OS version is 14203.306 and firmware is 2424.14.9.3
The phone (PfD mode) cannot seem to find the update at all.

I tried the two following CSC: ATO and XEF. I checked my appstudio account and even registered it again as a dev phone through the registering application from the WP8 SDK. I tried to install the PfD wp application again.

Yeah, i think that the issue is the new firmware: one friend of mine has the 2424.13.10.1 firmware version and he managed to get the European Cortana Update without any problems at all. I don't remember what kind of firmware i had when i received the update and got the infinite loops bug but now, with this new firmware and the PfD activated, i can't find it anymore.

My question is: Are they retiring the update only for certain firmware version ( and in this case i don't have to worry but just to wait) or some kind of problem is avoiding me to get it again?

Pappale, i don't want to get the bug again but i wanna be sure to be able to receive it again when it will be fixed and trying to figure out what is creating the problem. ;D

ranseb

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone,

the German website drwindows.de reports that Microsoft will offer a fix for the boot loop-problem at least until Christmas. This was announced by Christian Maier from Microsoft in a video broadcast.

See here: w w w.drwindows.de/content/5085-ativ-s-fix-fuer-developer-preview-inklusive.html

Please remove spaces between the "www", I'm not allowed to post a link, because I haven't reached 10 posts yet. Pretty stupid! :eck:

Dragone

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I confirm that, if you have the last samsung firmware, the os update bringing european Cortana is no longer downloadable.
I have enabled DP, I have the last update with the % on the battery sense tile, but it doesn't find further updates.

Dragone

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone,

the German website drwindows.de reports that Microsoft will offer a fix for the boot loop-problem at least until Christmas. This was announced by Christian Maier from Microsoft in a video broadcast.

See here: w w w.drwindows.de/content/5085-ativ-s-fix-fuer-developer-preview-inklusive.html

Please remove spaces between the "www", I'm not allowed to post a link, because I haven't reached 10 posts yet. Pretty stupid! :eck:

I tried to traslate what they said but its not clear to me if they going to fix the problem before Christmas or not.

anon(8316658)

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, i think that the issue is the new firmware: one friend of mine has the 2424.13.10.1 firmware version and he managed to get the European Cortana Update without any problems at all. I don't remember what kind of firmware i had when i received the update and got the infinite loops bug but now, with this new firmware and the PfD activated, i can't find it anymore.

My question is: Are they retiring the update only for certain firmware version ( and in this case i don't have to worry but just to wait) or some kind of problem is avoiding me to get it again?

Pappale, i don't want to get the bug again but i wanna be sure to be able to receive it again when it will be fixed and trying to figure out what is creating the problem. ;D

ok ok, but we all know that the bug is still there so why do you want to update to it again? If a newer update will be available then WPcentral will be the first to announce it :)

ranseb

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
It is written in the text that they are working intensely on it and try to release it within the next days, but at least until Christmas. Trust me, its my mother-language! :wink:

Er_em

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
ok ok, but we all know that the bug is still there so why do you want to update to it again? If a newer update will be available then WPcentral will be the first to announce it :)

I know, i know but I was a little impatient and i was wondering if the older firmware version could make me able to update without problems ;)

But now, thanks to our friend Ranseb, at least we know that they are working hard to fix it :D

Stefan Holder

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
just ask yourself
is it worth to update and have a bricked phone? Its just a simple software update with some fixes.. its not worth the trouble

I totally agree.after trying and getting the infinite loop error..i decided to not try again.. I'll wait till its totally fixed..

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Does this affect only European models or T899 NA version as well? I read some people are successful updating to latest dev preview with T899.

T899M unlocked Rogers here on dev preview. Still on 14203. No update available to my phone for 14219. Read it was pulled. Is it available on your T899M?

mary beth

Motel75

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
It's the evening of the 23rd - and there's no sign of the update. Is this update going to be under the Christmas tree, Samsung?

buddler

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
My Ativ S (I think I left the DP some month ago, to avoid this update bug) suddenly kept restarting (blue windows screen, black Samsung screen, restart, blue windows screen ... for ages till battery is drained).

I already tried soft and hard reset with no success. Afterwards, I flashed gdr2 and the older firmware and nearly succeeded:
You could set up your phone, but after the "ready" screen (German variant), it got stuck in the infinite restart loop again. No Hard or soft reset works...

Any idea?

What the heck does ato, csc, dtb and so on mean?

buddler

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Update:
After another flashing of os and Firmware, the phone asked for sim pin, but afterwards the loop restarted again :-/
When the sim card was removed, the phone showed Windows Screen/Samsung Screen, but then stays black forever (or simply shuts down).

Any idea here?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte