Ativ S on Windows 10 Preview

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Decided I will put the Windows 10 Preview on my Ativ S T899M. It's getting on in age and I've come to terms with the fact it will never get updated firmware or official 8.1. I have my work phone to use if something goes awry. Don't know how (or even if) it will work since it runs 8.1 Dev Preview, but kind of excited all the same. It has been a wonderful phone and will help me decide if I want to spend the money on a new flagship once they actually start showing up. Wish me luck and I'll keep you all posted. Sounds like it will be released for download any day now.

anon(8316658)

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Decided I will put the Windows 10 Preview on my Ativ S T899M. It's getting on in age and I've come to terms with the fact it will never get updated firmware or official 8.1. I have my work phone to use if something goes awry. Don't know how (or even if) it will work since it runs 8.1 Dev Preview, but kind of excited all the same. It has been a wonderful phone and will help me decide if I want to spend the money on a new flagship once they actually start showing up. Wish me luck and I'll keep you all posted. Sounds like it will be released for download any day now.

Heh... its not a good idea but its your phone so good luck!
:)

Xaly Drogado

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Using a 730 currently though I have a 720 that I used and broke the touch had it replaced just seemed to have lost its glory.. So I decided why not give it the glory of Windows 10 once it arrives ofc. :)

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Yes zou can install on any device, but I've read on 2 places so far that W10TP causes boot loop on Ativ S. For now. We'll have to wait more.

P48dy

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
I can confirm this. Ran the update on a spare phone using the hack on XDA forums and the phone is now stuck in a boot loop.

If anyone knows how to reset the phone to factory with logging in to the OS i'd appreciate it.

ronfante

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
I can confirm this. Ran the update on a spare phone using the hack on XDA forums and the phone is now stuck in a boot loop.

If anyone knows how to reset the phone to factory with logging in to the OS i'd appreciate it.
Check this guide, it should work (I've read it was used also for revert back from 8.1.1 with dp and reboot issue) :eek:rly:

ht*p://forums.windowscentral.com/samsung-ativ-s/277862-%5Bguide%5D-how-revert-back-wp8-gdr3-wp8-1-dp.html

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Better check topic "Latest Samsung Ativ S firware updates" and revert to GDR2 instead of GDR3, so you shall be able to upgrade to official 8.1.1

anon(7917514)

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site

I can also confirm that the Chinese hack will result in a boot loop. For both fast and slow update methods.
Just follow the links suggested to revert back to 8-8.1

Dragone

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
There is the possibility that these steps could solve this boot loop problem too. It would be interesting to try and install WP10 Technical Build after patching the 4 xml files.

Still, I don't want to lose Italian Cortana so I won't try it (WP10 has only US Cortana) ...

... but I must admit it is tempting indeed :p

wp_ss_20150216_0001.png

Dragone

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site

I can also confirm that the Chinese hack will result in a boot loop. For both fast and slow update methods.
Just follow the links suggested to revert back to 8-8.1

Do you remember the firmware version you had before trying to install WP10 TP ?

anon(6020507)

May 23, 2013
Visit site
There is the possibility that these steps could solve this boot loop problem too. It would be interesting to try and install WP10 Technical Build after patching the 4 xml files.

Still, I don't want to lose Italian Cortana so I won't try it (WP10 has only US Cortana) ...

... but I must admit it is tempting indeed :p

View attachment 97384
It will not work for us as it requires interop unlock. 😞

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3