Device Descriptor Request Failed Code 43

geodark

May 17, 2015
Visit site
Greetings to all windows phone users and devs.
I experience the following problem with my Ativ S.
When i try to connect it to my computer, windows(i have 8.1) can't recognise it. At the device manager ativ s shows up as "Unknown USB Device (Device Failed Enumeration)" when i connect it at a USB3 port and when i try to connect it at a USB2 port it shows up as "Unknown USB Device (Port Reset Failed)". I found that windows are experiencing this problem with the device: "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43) A USB port reset request failed." so i tried to hard reset the phone. Nothing happened. So i headed to the diagnosis app at my phone and typed *#7284# to enter Micro Usb Test but when i typed it the following problem showed up:
wp_ss_20150517_0002.png
I also tried to connect the phone without the micro sd in but the same as above happened.
My phone info:
wp_ss_20150517_0003.png
What do you think is it broken? :cry:
Forgot to say that my phone charges normally through usb port

geodark

May 17, 2015
Visit site
Yes i tried with the original cable ofc and with another one cheaper that i have.
Installed it but yet the same problem...
By the way i tried to connect the device from linux that i have but with no luck.
Tomorrow i will may try with another computer but if nothing happends again, should i try to downgrade my ativ for a start?

anon(8316658)

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
thats a HW or SW failure
you can "repair" only the SW problems so try to revert back to basics
if this process didnt help then the problem is with the HW

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos