Strange Request - How do I Make Sure I STAY on WP 8?

jefbeard911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm about to buy a New, old Stock (NOS) ATIV S and want to make sure that I stay on the final update on WP8 and not go to 8.1. How do I do that?

I simply prefer the FB/Twitter integration on WP8.

My concern is that it will have a *hit load of OTA updates waiting and I want to only install up to WP8 GDR3.

How do I make sure of this?

RoyalX

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Just don't update then. Not that that is easy to do.
But you can do this. Change the csc to one that did not or won't get the update. Like csc XEF

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I think you can get away with turning off the auto-downloading of updates, the auto-update feature is very recent.

I also think some S's never got 8.1, so that might be something. I'd update as far as you wanted since I believe OTA updates are delivered one-after-the-other then stop. Worst'll probably be some update alert on every boot.

0M9H4X

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
The facebook integration in Windows Phone 8.0 does no longer work.

Facebook retired (shut down) the APIs Microsoft was using in the old message hub, so that old phones that are still on 8.0 will just get error messages now. The twitter integration is still the same in 8.1 Only better! because you can make tweets with Cortana, just say "twitter new tweet blablablablabla" and there you go, you sent a tweet.

jefbeard911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
The facebook integration in Windows Phone 8.0 does no longer work.

Facebook retired (shut down) the APIs Microsoft was using in the old message hub, so that old phones that are still on 8.0 will just get error messages now. The twitter integration is still the same in 8.1 Only better! because you can make tweets with Cortana, just say "twitter new tweet blablablablabla" and there you go, you sent a tweet.

​Got it....moved on...hihi thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3