Wifi visible, but no connection. Why?

webald

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site
Wifi visible, but no connection

I have a Ativ S, FW 2424.15.3.2, OS 8.10.14157.200

I can see all wifi in range, but when I try to connect I allwasy get the error "not possible to connect to xxx".

Any Idea?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Wifi visible, but no connection

I experience the same issue when the Wi-Fi signals are weak, the Wi-Fi password I entered is wrong, or if something in my device needs to be refreshed.

If the Wi-Fi signals are all good, then check that you've entered the correct password (if one is required). If that doesn't work, then try restarting your phone.

webald

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site

I already tested this. Passwords are all correct (tested also to connect with other devices - worked), restarted phone, also removed battery. Until now, I did not reset the phone.

What I found on the web is that there are companies offering a "WIFI-Repair for Ativ S", but at prices of 49-69 €.

anon(8316658)

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site

I already tested this. Passwords are all correct (tested also to connect with other devices - worked), restarted phone, also removed battery. Until now, I did not reset the phone.

What I found on the web is that there are companies offering a "WIFI-Repair for Ativ S", but at prices of 49-69 ?.

LOL
"wifi repair for 49euros"
forget it bro

try to connect to a non-protected wifi router. If the connections works then the problem is software based
if not then try hard reseting your device... make a backup of your data and try it... if the problem persists then... hmm.. buy a new phone?!
:)

webald

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site

I did a hard reset, could connect to wifi and did some updates from the store. During updates suddenly the wifi-connections gets lost and like above I was not able to reconnect.

I did a second hard reset and tried to reproduce at which step the connection gets lost, but untill now wifi is still up and connected. Also connects after restart of the phone.

Now I hope that it will stay like this.

webald

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site

Here I am again. unable to connect to wifi - again. It is also them same net like the day before. Yesterday it connected today not, although passwords were saved. If not anybody has another idea I will buy a new phone.

anon(8316658)

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site

this seems like a software problem, could you test the connection with a new router?

First step is to identifiy the problem source, it could be your wifi router or phone

webald

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site

All allready done. Tested on 3 routers and networks also different encryptions WEP, WPA, WPA2. also there no connections.

We are using our own Exchangeserver with own certificates, but another Ativ has now problems. Strange.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Sounds like you need a Shaman more than tech support. All kidding aside, I have a similar issue with a PC that used to connect to anything in sight and now only works whenever it feels like it. I've swapped hard drives with a different OS on it and it leads me to believe it may be the wifi chip that has gone bad because the problems persist. Obviously you can't repeat my steps with a phone but it might save you from pulling your hair out.

webald

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site

Shaman could be worth a try, but it seams that going out for shopping is more succesful to solve my problem. Iwill make one last try to solve it ...

anon(8316658)

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site

All allready done. Tested on 3 routers and networks also different encryptions WEP, WPA, WPA2. also there no connections.

We are using our own Exchangeserver with own certificates, but another Ativ has now problems. Strange.

sorry to tell you but...
its time to upgrade your phone
:) - :(

anon(9600179)

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site

Hey,

Maybe you should try to flash it with a fresh ROM before buying a new device (assuming you only did hard resets).

webald

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site

Hi,

Yesterday I did again a hard-reset, but removed the SD-Card before. At the moment it is connecting. Lets see what it would be tomorrow.

How could I flash the rom again?

anon(9600179)

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site

You need several tools :
  1. Samsung USB Drivers
  2. SMD Binary USB Downloader v3.54
  3. ROM (*.wp8) // use CMJ1 (which is the only one to receive the latest firmware updates with ATO CSC *)
  4. CSC file (*.csc) *

You can find all the tools/files mentioned above on grozaman's drive : _ttps://yadi.sk/d/w5kuzua27vGty.
In order to flash your device you need to :
  1. Install samsung USB drivers **
  2. Start SMD Binary Downloader (and specify the ROM and CSC files to use)
  3. Do not forget to choose your CSC (I suggest ATO)
  4. Enter download mode on your ATIV S
  5. Connect your phone to your PC (it's necessary to start SMD Binary Downloader before connecting your phone)
  6. SMD Binary Downloader should detect your device
  7. Start flashing
  8. Update to 8.1
  9. Update firmware to 15.3.2

* You will find the ROM and CSC files in Firmware / GDR3.

** See how-to install unsigned drivers on Windows :
  • Windows 8.1 : _ttp://revryl.com/2013/08/06/install-unsigned-drivers/
  • Windows 10 : _ttp://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_devices/how-do-i-disable-driver-signature-enforcement-win/a53ec7ca-bdd3-4f39-a3af-3bd92336d248

PS : My posts count is too low to add links in my reply for now so don't forget to replace the _ with a h.

webald

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site

Short Info:
Currently wifi-connections are successful, since I removed sd-card and did a hard-reset. But there is one more difference: I did not restore whatsapp-chats.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6