Windows 10 for the Ativ S owners?

lukas_ita

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
focusing is related to the firmware, wont work without Samsung support

app cant repair this problem

This is what an other user wrote some times ago

Interestingly, I just tried the camera360 sight app, it seems start to work and can focus on different region of the view.
At the same time, updated build-in camera app still failed to do so.
I think it just gave our ATIV S a little more hope in W10M.

anon(8316658)

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Pappale stop do "terroristic" comments. Win 10 mobile works great on our Ativ S (at least untill now). Of course there are some bugs like on all other phones, cause this is still a preview

"terroristic"
???????
:-D

Dude, I have WP 10 on my Ativ S and the FOCUS IS NOT WORKING so please, show me an evidence and stop using stupid words.
Thank you.

assyriska

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
"terroristic"
???????

Dude, I have WP 10 on my Ativ S and the FOCUS IS NOT WORKING so please, show me an evidence and stop using stupid words.
Thank you.

Well, like i said...with the camera app pro shot i am able to focus on things. With the original windows 10 camera app it is not working.

lukas_ita

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
"terroristic"

???????

Thank you.

I was joking eh.... :) I only said that some user with other camera apps can focus and Assyriska confirmed. So I don't say stupid things. I can't try....

Mika Tiilikainen

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I installed 10581 too. This one is finally good, now I have windows 10 in daily use in Ativ S. I can even talk WhatsApp calls wia bluetooth in my car. Yeah! Normal, built-in camera app don?'t take good pictures. I use ProShot because focusing and taking a photo by touching works nice.
One hard reset from Windows 10 was necessary.
Everything works, great. There is a lot of unnecessary operations, which consume power.
Windows 10 uses a bit more power than the 8.1, but only a little. Anyway, I need to recharge the battery every night.

AVboy

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Here is the process I follow every time I upgrade my phone to a new Windows 10 Mobile build:

• Flash Windows Phone 8.0 GDR3 ROM (GT-I8750_OXACMJ1_R_SIGNED.csc and GT-I8750_XXCMJ1_R_signed.wp8)
    /!\ Don't forget to select the ATO CSC
  • Update to Windows Phone 8.1 (8.10.14157.200)
  • Update to 15.3.2 Samsung firmware
  • Developer unlock (using Windows Phone Developer Registration 8.1)
  • Install Preview for Developers on the SD card
  • Install Windows Insider application on the phone storage
  • Using Windows Phone Application Deployment 8.1: install CustomWPSystem_0500.xap on the phone storage
  • Patch Preview for Developers with CustomPFD_0003.xap using CustomWPSystem application
  • Using the patched Preview for Developers: change the following keys
  • -- PhoneManufacturer = NOKIA
  • -- PhoneManufacturerModelName = RM-825
  • Select Fast ring in the Windows Insider application
  • Update to 8.1 (8.10.14219.341)
  • Reselect Fast ring in the Windows Insider application
  • Update to Windows 10 Mobile (10.0.10581.0)
  • Hard reset from Windows 10 Mobile

Hey, do you have links for the files you are using ?

bicie

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
initially the phone started, so i do an hard reset and when the phone restarted it doesn't go... after the "samsung" logo, there's only a black screen, please help me!

anon(9600179)

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
Did you try waiting about 10mn?
Else, you can do hard reset using the key combination or downgrade to WP8.0 GDR3 using SMD Binary Downloader 3.54.

bicie

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
i've started the phone without sim and sd card and everything goes well, after the main settings i've restarted the phone with sd card and sim. No bug, except for the button's vibration.

i've a question, when will be released new builds of Win10 TP, can i update directly from this Win10 build (10581) or i must downgrade to 8.0 GDR3 and do again all the passages??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster