Windows 10 for the Ativ S owners?

Rimil0uz

May 29, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys,

I also noticed the same trouble from thursday to saturday...

The battery drain was to heavy! From 100% fully charge, it dropped down and powered off in 3 or 4 hours.
Even on charger, I wasn't able to use a lot as the drain was more important than the charger power..

For example, by car, I couldn't use Waze as th battery drop too fast!

I don't understand how it appeared as I was on this release from 2 or 3 weeks 10586.11

In the same time, I noticed I couldn't also download ans upgrade the app from the store, but it was possible before this moment!

Finally, saturday, I decided to downgrade to 8.1 to upgrade to 10586.29
Now, everything is OK again, I think the battery drain is the best I noticed since I am on WM 10!

I had the same problem on 10586.11. At first everything worked fine. But after a couple of weeks the battery drain was huge. I usually set my phone on plane mod when i go to sleep. And the normal battery drain is 1-2% while i sleep. And that time it lost like 20%. I did a hard reset on 10586.11 being using it for 3 days and everything seems good. Anywais im gonna upgrade to .29 to c if i can prevent it from happening again. (Always charged with the same cord...).

Mitja358

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
You don't need to downgrade to 8.1 to get to 10586.29 from 10586.11. Just use the method described in "Latest Samsung Ativ S firmware updates" at the end of 103 page (I still can't paste links).

Rimil0uz

May 29, 2015
Visit site
Ya i did as it's described. Everything work like a charm. My only concern is if should we change the value back to Samsung. I mean cos if for any reason we have to do a flash using the Samsung tool. Im not sure if it will work with the registry modified. Any ideas?

gukitoo

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
Working very faster and smoothly on 10586.29, battery drain is ok. Now only need a firmware update from samsung for WM10 and everything will be ok

AVboy

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, when I want to use the "windows phone developer registration" program it says that I need to check if the IpOverUsbSvc is working. I searched on a few forums how to solve this but I couldn't make it work, do you guys know how to fix this ?

AVboy

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
I uninstalled the drivers but it doesn't change anything. I'm gonna continue to look for solutions but thanks for your help.

luisfarelo

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys, sorry to bother but could anyone provide a link with instructions to install W10 mobile on the Ativ S (European version). Thanks in advance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos