Samsung Ativ S Dev unlock with Visual Studio 2015

Kevin Houle1

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
So before I was using WP8.1 DP on my Ativ S and dev unlocked it using Visual Studio 2013 with the phone SDK installed. It seemed hit or miss on whether an app I developed would deploy to my phone when deploying it from my desktop. Some sort of issue saying it couldn't copy. I did have some problems at first with it dev unlocking the phone, but seemed to work after a while. I can now confirm, after rolling back to WP8.0 GDR3 and doing the updates properly to WP8.1.1, and installing visual studio 2015, dev unlocking the phone was seemless, as well as deploying my developed apps to my phone no longer has an issue at all. Just figured I would let anyone still developing for this awesome phone know that things are working as intended!

:grin:

Conway Tse

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
So before I was using WP8.1 DP on my Ativ S and dev unlocked it using Visual Studio 2013 with the phone SDK installed. It seemed hit or miss on whether an app I developed would deploy to my phone when deploying it from my desktop. Some sort of issue saying it couldn't copy. I did have some problems at first with it dev unlocking the phone, but seemed to work after a while. I can now confirm, after rolling back to WP8.0 GDR3 and doing the updates properly to WP8.1.1, and installing visual studio 2015, dev unlocking the phone was seemless, as well as deploying my developed apps to my phone no longer has an issue at all. Just figured I would let anyone still developing for this awesome phone know that things are working as intended!

:grin:

I am not a MS developer but I have a Sumsung ATIV S basically not used. I just learn how to use Visual Studio and using it to upgrade my web site written in PHP. It is quite useful. I really want to upgrade my Sumsung ATIV S to windows 10. It seems that this is an alternative. Would you please give me more details of how to do it?

Kevin Houle1

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I am not a MS developer but I have a Sumsung ATIV S basically not used. I just learn how to use Visual Studio and using it to upgrade my web site written in PHP. It is quite useful. I really want to upgrade my Sumsung ATIV S to windows 10. It seems that this is an alternative. Would you please give me more details of how to do it?

You need to follow grozamans guide to update to 8.1.2 and then install the insider app and keep updating.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3