Windows mobile 10 petition

MikolFr

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
Hi all,

I made a petition with the promising subject of Windows 10 mobile on Samsung ATIV S. Perhaps you know that it's totally possible. Microsoft and Samsung just does not want to work together but some tricks allow to test current Windows 10 mobile release (10586.107) and everything works fine.

If you want to support and sign my petition, you can find it by google search on following term: Samsung ATIV S petition, it's on change.org. I cannot post URL (because WindowsCentral want me to post 10 posts before).

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

anon(8316658)

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 on Samsung ATIV S petition

you want to force international companies to work together just because a smartphone from 2012?
:-D

Come on, buy a new one or live with the bugs. WP10 isnt good enough on the Ativ S - as far as I remember I had a lot of trouble with the camera, overheating, battery life and many little bugs. Just move on and buy a Lumia 640XL or the new and very stylish 650 with full WP10 support

MikolFr

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site

3 weeks with Windows mobile 10, no bugs, no overheat, battery life same as Windows 8 ... perhaps with previous releases, bugs were there but now, everything's ok. Smartphone of 2012 but still enough. It's a shame to garbage Ativ S and Pappale, no need of your support or unuseful comment.

RoyalX

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site

Why not?

Microsoft already released the Windows 10 rom for Xiaomi and Huawei and perhaps some more manufacturers.
We could work with that aswell.

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site

3 weeks with Windows mobile 10, no bugs, no overheat, battery life same as Windows 8 ... perhaps with previous releases, bugs were there but now, everything's ok. Smartphone of 2012 but still enough. It's a shame to garbage Ativ S and Pappale, no need of your support or unuseful comment.

Yep, works very fine on Ativ S. Still better phone than 650. It's nice from you to try and start petition, but don't waste your energy, it won't help. They won't even notice it.
Instead, edit registry and enjoy Insider preview. :)

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

ML10

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site

you want to force international companies to work together just because a smartphone from 2012?

Come on, buy a new one or live with the bugs. WP10 isnt good enough on the Ativ S - as far as I remember I had a lot of trouble with the camera, overheating, battery life and many little bugs. Just move on and buy a Lumia 640XL or the new and very stylish 650 with full WP10 support

Lots of Lumia phones from 2012 so why not

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Lots of Lumia phones from 2012 so why not

Well FWIW, the 2012 Galaxy S III is officially stuck on Android 4.3 "Jelly Bean" (or 4.4 "KitKat" in the case of a couple variants) and that was a flagship, popular product.

Samsung couldn't be bothered to update that hero phone past 2014 or so.

Heck, it doesn't seem like the 2013 Galaxy S 4 will see an official update past 5.1 (for the Google Play edition) or 5.0.x for the rest.

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

I made a petition with the promising subject of Windows 10 mobile on Samsung ATIV S. Perhaps you know that it's totally possible. Microsoft and Samsung just does not want to work together but some tricks allow to test current Windows 10 mobile release (10586.107) and everything works fine.

If you want to support and sign my petition, you can find it by google search on following term: Samsung ATIV S petition, it's on change.org. I cannot post URL (because WindowsCentral want me to post 10 posts before).

Thanks in advance

Still a great device IMHO (own SGH-T899M variant) that stacks up fairly well against some of the newer competition and hate to be a pessimist but pretty sure you are flogging a dead horse here, the digital age waits for no one and it is very rare if ever for manufactures to keep supporting a device longer than a few months no matter how great it is/was, think it being a WP doesn't helps its cause either.

Dave Velo

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site

Just move on and buy a Lumia 640XL or the new and very stylish 650 with full WP10 support

I paid $750 for my ATIV S. No way am I going to trash a perfectly good phone three years later for Windows 10. What is your game? Do you work for Microsoft?

Last edited:

Dave Velo

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site

Hi, what version of windows 10 are you currently running? Have you checked out "all" the hardware functions?

anon(8316658)

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site

I paid $750 for my ATIV S. No way am I going to trash a perfectly good phone three years later for Windows 10. What is your game? Do you work for Microsoft?

I paid 600USD for Samsung S4 and guess what? I didnt get any update for Android so... whats your point? Iam just saying that a smartphone from 2012 wont get any support and thats okey. You should be happy because Samsung supported WP 8.1 but forget about 10 it wont happen and BTW MikolFR guy said that the phone is working okey with Wp10 (he is lying but ok) so why do you need a new firmware? You can download WP10 via Insider... so one more time, whats your problem???? You can get WP10, it will "work" so.. what dou you want more? Should Samsung send you a new battery? Or a new back cover as a gift?? :-D

I bought a brand new notebook in 2013 /700USD/ and I cant update to Windows 10 because som features wont work. Why? Because the manufacturer wont update the drivers. Why? Because they want to force me to buy a new notebook to enjoy Windows 10. Is it fair? Nope, but this is how the world Works

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Camera autofocus doesn't work in stock app. But it works in camera sight, oneshot, proshot,etc. Sometimes lockscreen delays for second.
Haven't seen any other issues in last few builds.
There are other small bugs and annoyances, but they are related to OS by itself, not the device specific.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Vehbi Okay Dilek

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
I have already signed. Thank you very much:smile:

Some people say it is old or from 2012. According to this parochial idea all iPhone 5 - 5C - 5S must go to a garbage can ;)

It is not the date they released it but it is fact you find out when you compare its hardware with other supported phones.

For example, I don't think that Lumia 430 faster then Ativ S ;)

cheers,

anon(8316658)

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
I have already signed. Thank you very much:smile:

Some people say it is old or from 2012. According to this parochial idea all iPhone 5 - 5C - 5S must go to a garbage can ;)

It is not the date they released it but it is fact you find out when you compare its hardware with other supported phones.

For example, I don't think that Lumia 430 faster then Ativ S ;)

cheers,

yeah yeah, so LG, Samsung, Sony, Lenovo and some other Android manufacturers who doesnt update they phones are... what? Some high end Android devices are stuck at Android 4 / 5 with many bugs and security problems and nobody cares.

BTW: your first post is in the Samsung Ativ S forum, right? Thats sounds like somebody whit multiple accounts

Is it too hard to accept the reality?
It wont be updated. This is the end. Finito. AMEN. Get over it.

MikolFr

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site

You should be happy because Samsung supported WP 8.1 but forget about 10 it wont happen and BTW MikolFR guy said that the phone is working okey with Wp10 (he is lying but ok) so why do you need a new firmware?

So, I'm not lying, since last Windows Insider releases, phone works ok with Windows 10 ! Focus with standard camera app is not working but is working well with other applications. Battery is ok (perhaps better than WP8.1).

No need of a firmware, you're right, just need an official way to benefit Windows Insider release (in order to avoid hard reset after Nokia registry update) and next Windows 10 official releases.

Perhaps you made tests when Windows 10 Insider releases were not good enough but now, it's ok. Sorry for you if you sent your ATIV S in garbage.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism