Ativ S sound quality

Alexx Man Steel

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys,does your ativ s sound a little bit lower in music in comparison with other phones?On GSM arena it say that the sound it's excellent...with 73db...a friend at his Lumia 820 with 66 db beat me very hard at sound loudness...and most like every phone its a little bit louder...how dafuq did they get 73db when phones with lower db are louder...or my speaker is broken from when I bough the phone..thankz

Rimil0uz

May 29, 2015
Visit site
I think Ativ S sound speaker isn't specially louder. Not bad either. The quality of it is quite good for a phone however... It may be limited by software to protect it. Or you may need to clean the speaker, I had to do it once. Since the speaker is magnetic, it attracts tiny metal dirt which affects the sound over the time. Cleaning it isn't very hard check in YouTube how to access it. In summary you have to remove the back, remove the sim, microsd and unscrew every screw you can see on the back, then remove the lateral bezzel previously heating it with a domestic heater (The same you use for ur hair works). I think this should be do at least once a year to clean the whole phone. Mine got the charging port broken and I had to replace it. I think it was due to the accumulation of conductive dirt.

Sry for my english.

Tien-Lin Chang

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
I think ATIV S got good sound quality, not great, but good enough to enjoy it.

I play the same song by speaker/headphone and ATIV S pumping vivid sound with good detail and quite balanced in mid/low feq. Feels better than my LG G2 which give a drier sound.

The volume of the sound =/= sound quality

megadragon998

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
It can depend on the music file - for example, i have some songs that are ultra quiet were some are ultra loud and very clear. Try to listen to as much as high quality music as possible.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3