Any news about an 8.1 update yet?

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I used the dev release but it has to much bugs.
Any news about an official release?

According to the WPC firstlook article about the 930 (which ships with 8.1), the release version is identical to the current dev preview. There are compatibility issues between cyan, bitlocker, and 8.1, so there seem to be some delays while they resolve those issues.

You can be sure that when WPC users start seeing updates rolling out, there will be a lot of fanfare.

Traxan

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
This is absolute bull****. Other devices are getting GDR1 and we don't even have 8.1? No wonder OEMs won't support WP. Why should they when Nokia gets blatant favoritism?

Matthew Becker1

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Well you just invalidated my decision for a phone. Samsung is obviously half-assing it.
When you install a Developer's Preview, you do so without the updated firmware. This can - and has, in the case of the ATIV SE - cause problems while you use the phone.

The SE will see the 8.1 update, though as to when, nobody knows. If there were news, it would be on WPCentral.

coryseaman

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Apparently there's word that Ativ S users are finally getting Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1 pushed out as of this week. It can only be good news for Ativ SE owners.

revas527

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
The Ativ S is most definitely getting the updates. Bear in mind that its the global version only so far (i8750), but even the users on Dev preview are getting the firmware now..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3