8.1 Update Released for ATIV SE !!!

fletch33

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
HERE is a thread on how to go back to the original factory 8.0 as it appears that you will not receive the update if you on currently on the Preview or anything other than original stock.

HERE is info on what 8.1 includes and how to use the new stuff!
HERE is info on syncing 8.1 phone with your other 8.1 stuff

1. you will get an update alert and then it will not be the 8.1 but a 2MB update that will restart your phone and this sets up the 8.1 update to folllow

2. this process took about 5 minutes on mine

1A.jpg2A.jpg3A.jpg4A.jpg

the 1st things i noticed is that now screen shots are power and volume up

1. the large update took about 10 minutes for me to download
2. although i had chosen to install the 1st update above this 8.1 download said "preparing to install" as it was downloading but DID NOT interrupt my call i was on when it finished and i was able to to hit install again when i was ready

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg

looking forward to the discussion of what is new and hopefully nothing about what is broken now :)

Last edited:

fletch33

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: Verizon confirms 8.1 Update Released for ATIV SE TODAY!!!

if for some odd reason it is not true i will feel very badly about starting this thread.

i do expect though that soon we will see some update downloading screenshots.

i am also new to this phone and Windows Mobile but i saw that others had installed an early release version so is it possible wherever that was posted that there is a new version? i know on Android it would generally leak prior to or at release date.

jerhomey

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site

I also checked after you had word that the update was about to released , here is my chat session with a Verizon rep
Joshua: Let me bring that up to see what I can find. Most of the time I go by what I hear in the news, but maybe Verizon has an update for me as well. How is everything going with your phone and services?

jeremy: everything is good, no complaints on this end

Joshua: Awesome! I am still looking in to the software question.

jeremy: ok thanks !

Joshua: I am seeing a software update was approved today actually. I want to make sure it will be released soon before I tell you that. Sometimes a software update will be pushed to a phone a couple weeks after it is released.

jeremy: awesome !

Joshua: Okay, I don't want to make false promises, so I will show you exactly what I see. When looking up information on the ATIV SE, it says "Approved Software Date: 02/26/2015" in Verizon's systems. I do not have any other specific information. Searching on Google was vague as well. One more moment.

Joshua: I checked one other system and it is only updated as of April 11, 2014. My best recommendation would be to check in a couple days or watch your phone.

Funny thing is I just talked to a rep yesterday and they told me they didn't know anything, so it must have just happened overnight.

fletch33

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site

so now we wait and see and although i am new to this phone it appears that the waiting game has been going on for some time.

it would appear though that these 2 Verizon contact results looks promising that its real.

Last edited:

fletch33

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site

when i didnt have it on my phone this morning i just called again and not really because im mad or anything but curious about the info and tech support confirmed again that it went out yesterday 110%

this means that someone should be posting they have it at any time on this thread.

he said that he can say with 99% certainty that an update will appear on my phone before the weekend is up but with it going out in stages there is no telling when my particular phone will receive it.

Rogozinski

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site

Samsung posted some weeks ago pdf documents about 8.1 for the ativ se on their website. So i think it will come very soon.
I don't know if i will get it soon because i am from the Netherlands. And i don't know how it will go, my provider is Dutch, but the phone is ofcourse Verizon branded...

fletch33

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site

starting to feel like a

2z6tssk.jpg

being new to this phone and seeing that it was listed as getting an update in 2014 i should have known but holding on to a little hope

Kleeshay

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site

Edit 2: Apologies, but this post was incorrect. Still waiting on an update it seems.

My fianc?e's Ativ SE has received the update as of today. Thanks Fletch for giving us the news to look this weekend! She had given up on the phone and was using an older Nokia 822.

V__C7CE (2).png

Edit: FYI, she had installed PFD, and it was still enabled on the phone when she received the update. Thus why she was using the Nokia...

Last edited:

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site

Must be a limited rollout. Nothing here on my end as of today.

Kleeshay

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site

I may be incorrect. We just met up and I queried her further on the update. She never actually saw an update. However when she checked for one the dialog said, "your phone has been updated, last checked Saturday". Which is different from the expected "your phone is up to date". Can someone compare their firmware to hers above?

I'm hoping she's not updated because the phone just locked up on her as she was pulling into my driveway. Same behavior as before, touch screen becomes unresponsive... Me being a flaky source is much better than an update that doesn't resolve that issue!

Kleeshay

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site

My apologies for the misinformation! Hopefully the update comes soon for everyone. It's a great phone from what I've used of hers. Feels better in the hand than my Icon for sure.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Must be a limited rollout. Nothing here on my end as of today.

I read somewhere (I think Verizon's Community Forums) that it's going out 1000 at a time. Shouldn't be long considering their laggard sales. Thanks Verizon for keeping such an awesome device more hidden than Waldo.

Rogozinski

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site

I bought the Ativ SE on Ebay and I'm from the Netherlands. Will I get this update also? Anybody knows? I'm so excited to get 8.1 on my device!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills