Purpose of the Ativ Smart PC forums?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitlov

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm curious why these got created as part of WP Central.

(1) These devices run Windows 8 or Windows RT, not Windows Phone.

(2) If we're going to have forums for Windows 8 convertible tablets, why Samsung and not its competitors? The Samsung ATIV Smart PC Pro (which runs Windows 8 and has an Intel x86 processor) competes directly not only with the Surface Pro, but also with the Sony VAIO Duo 11, the HP Envy X2, the Dell XPS Duo, Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet 2, etc.

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I was going to say that no others have been created because no others are officially announced yet. However, I guess that isn't technically true since the Sony VAIO and Dell XPS lines are announced.

I dunno. I don't really care. :)

Mitlov

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I was going to say that no others have been created because no others are officially announced yet. However, I guess that isn't technically true since the Sony VAIO and Dell XPS lines are announced.

I dunno. I don't really care. :)

Quite a few have been announced--not just those two. Roundup: Windows 8 hybrid PCs - Roundup - Notebooks - CNET Asia

I mean, the forum admins can do whatever they want, but it just seemed odd to me. These are all basically touchscreen computers with no connection to Windows Phone besides Win8's use of the Metro-design* Start Screen.

*sorry, "the artist formerly known as Metro".

Connert

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
I am happy to find this section of the forum. I have had several Blackberry devices and have been a member of Crackberry for a few years (they also have a tablet section). Now I have and Android GS3 and a Galaxy tab 2 and am also a member of Android Central (yep, tablet section there also). I had a windows 7.5 phone before the GS3 and now have the Samsung ATIV Smart PC Pro which replaced my ipad, and joined here as well. It is very nice to find one group of sites that cover my needs so well. I hope to see this forum grow as more of this device gets to the consumer.

So from me, the forum admins get a "Thank You" and I hope to see sections for the other devices coming out as well.:smile:

Erandhawa

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I am happy to find this section of the forum. I have had several Blackberry devices and have been a member of Crackberry for a few years (they also have a tablet section). Now I have and Android GS3 and a Galaxy tab 2 and am also a member of Android Central (yep, tablet section there also). I had a windows 7.5 phone before the GS3 and now have the Samsung ATIV Smart PC Pro which replaced my ipad, and joined here as well. It is very nice to find one group of sites that cover my needs so well. I hope to see this forum grow as more of this device gets to the consumer.

So from me, the forum admins get a "Thank You" and I hope to see sections for the other devices coming out as well.:smile:

Agree 100% with connert. If the forum bothers you don't browse it. I vote for a mod to lock or delete this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb