Samsung ativ 700t is on sale at Amazon

Goku1982jason

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The ativ 700t is $130 off. Was going to purchase yesterday but I waited till today and the price was cut by $130!!! So purchased that and the 2yr accident protection... I have a 2 year old so it was needed.
Just thought I would let you all know!

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
No, I have not yet looked for a case as it fits perfectly in my office case.
One thing. Install it properly, make sure you install all the Samsung driver updates!
Also, if your keyboard does not respond... like when you type on a soft surface like a bed, simply first try to touch the screen and then continue typing with the keyboard. If that does not help, remove tablet, dock tablet. But since a few BIOS updates I must say that it is much better now when you use it on a soft surface. On a table it is a non issue.
If yours works without issues... you are in for a RIDE! That thing is blazing fast for its size!
Kind of like shooting ducks with a minigun...
I also recommend a good bluetooth mouse for working in notebook mode.

Last edited:

Goku1982jason

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the help. I got all my programs (who needs apps) installed. No issues so far, did do all the SW /HW upgrades and its running good. Now I can start my programming for wp8 and w8. Got an SD card on its way as well as a case that I will have to modify according to review on amazon.

CollinFX45

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Greetings!

I just wanted to chime in and tell you guys my story. I have now had two Acer W700s and finally gave up because of the wifi issues they experience. While some have found workarounds, I used my entire 30-day return period troubleshooting and that's just unacceptable. So, back to the drawing board and I was set on waiting for the Surface Pro. I saw this go on sale at Amazon yesterday and immediately raced to my local retailer (since I have to pay tax on Amazon anyway) and had them price match it. Within an hour, I had all my programs installed and I knew I would like this device.

I can't see why anyone would complain, honestly. Is it top-heavy? Sure. Is it the best Ultrabook on the planet? Nope. But after owning a few different Windows 8 (Atom & Core i3) tablets, I can honestly say this is the best I've used. Screen is great, the device is super speedy, it actually has a Micro SD card slot (unlike the Acer) and it has a proper dock. Does the dock feel cheap? I don't get that at all. I really, really like it. Coming from Acer build quality, this is fantastic, though the W700 was a solid piece of aluminum. But who cares if the wifi and bluetooth were non-functional.

Anyway, I type this from my shiny new 700T on the train on my way into work. No keyboard disconnects, no issues. I am an extremely pleased buyer. The pen support is a fantastic feature as well and I cannot wait to become more familiar with it.

If anyone is on the fence, I suggest you go for it and see what you think. If there are any tests I can perform that people are wondering about/interested in, please let me know. Happy to help!

-Collin-

angelsimaren

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I just purchased the Samsung grip case and I'm so disappointed that you can't connect your keyboard dock while using the case! I love the feel of the case, and the hand grip is very nice because you can rotate the grip depending on which way you hold the tablet. The case is also difficult to remove, and that would be a main issue since I need to remove it in order to connect the tablet to the keyboard. Does not make much sense considering all of the Samsung Ativ 700t devices come with keyboard docks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro