Focus 2, Turning off 4g and turning on 3g

ltsmachine

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Hello, I'm new to the group. I was wondering if anyone can help me. I just got Focus 2 and I am with AT&T provided with the Go Phone plan (basically, pre-paid). The people in the store told me that I would be able to send/receive pictures/video on the Go Phone using the Focus 2. Well it does NOT. It turns out the Focus 2 uses Data to send pics/video over text and "go phone" cell towers are only on 3G style, and Focus 2 is 4G LTE. I was wondering, does anyone know how to turn off the 4G LTE and use only 3G on the Focus 2, so then, maybe I'll be able to send pictures/video via text.

Would anyone be able to help me out?

Thanks

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I don't have a Focus 2 but have you checked to see if Samsung offers a connection app to help configure the GoPhone network.

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Check under Marketplace Samsung Zone for Wireless Manager.

if you have that app it has a option to select between 4g and 3g, unsure about lte. Also it should allow you to edit apn data manually.

If not maybe another way through DIAG..

ltsmachine

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Check under Marketplace Samsung Zone for Wireless Manager.

if you have that app it has a option to select between 4g and 3g, unsure about lte. Also it should allow you to edit apn data manually.

If not maybe another way through DIAG..
Thanks. I did find the app in the Samsung Zone. However it still wont let me send picture/video when I switch it to 3G. Any advise on how to "edit the APN" (that is one of the options in that app). Do you think maybe Unlocking the phone complety would work?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte