Having off battery life on the Flash

Coolaaron88

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I have the Focus Flash and it is a very good phone. I love the size the camera and everything else. Though lately I have been having pretty bad battery life. Batter saver coming on after about 6 hours of non heavy use. I use to get 10+ on heavy use so Im trying to figure out what is happening that has lowered battery life so much.

I use a app called new group that allows you to organize your home screen in to categories and because of that I do have a lot more live tiles on my home screen. Though I feel I have been managing them pretty well. I cant figure out what is draining my battery so hard. Anyone have any ideas?

Thank you wpcentral community :)

EDIT: I think the culprit might be IM+. I dont actively use it but I have the option set for it to keep running when it not open and that might be the issue. I will report back with battery changes

Last edited:

MickeyCeeCT

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I have the Focus Flash and it is a very good phone. I love the size the camera and everything else. Though lately I have been having pretty bad battery life. Batter saver coming on after about 6 hours of non heavy use. I use to get 10+ on heavy use so Im trying to figure out what is happening that has lowered battery life so much.

I use a app called new group that allows you to organize your home screen in to categories and because of that I do have a lot more live tiles on my home screen. Though I feel I have been managing them pretty well. I cant figure out what is draining my battery so hard. Anyone have any ideas?

Thank you wpcentral community :)

EDIT: I think the culprit might be IM+. I dont actively use it but I have the option set for it to keep running when it not open and that might be the issue. I will report back with battery changes

I was going to ask if you have anything running in the background....looks like you might be on to something, good luck :)

neshyd

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
I've been experiencing battery drain issues as well. Last night I found the culprit: Find My Phone. I made sure all the settings were left unchecked.

However, I found myself accidentally turning it back on when browsing the Marketplace via web browser and installing an App by choosing the first option (Download the app immediately to my phone using messaging). So from now on, I make sure to choose the second option instead and do all the App installs on my device.

Also, even though all the options for Find My Phone are unchecked it's still connected and I'm able to poll for it's location, lock it, and set off the ringer. So no drawbacks there.

Ever since my Flash has read 100% (1 day 6 hours remaining).

My $0.02 :)

Coolaaron88

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I've been experiencing battery drain issues as well. Last night I found the culprit: Find My Phone. I made sure all the settings were left unchecked.

However, I found myself accidentally turning it back on when browsing the Marketplace via web browser and installing an App by choosing the first option (Download the app immediately to my phone using messaging). So from now on, I make sure to choose the second option instead and do all the App installs on my device.

Also, even though all the options for Find My Phone are unchecked it's still connected and I'm able to poll for it's location, lock it, and set off the ringer. So no drawbacks there.

Ever since my Flash has read 100% (1 day 6 hours remaining).

My $0.02 :)

Very nice battery life, I still need to do some more field testing

syang87

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I don't know how you guys are getting the high number of hours off the charger. I can barely make it through an 8 hour work shift. I have nothing running in the background and have unchecked both options in "Find my phone"

neshyd

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
I don't use any live tiles by the way. I'm barely on WiFi (doesn't work on my campus network...) and I never use Bluetooth.

Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3