Hello Everyone! New Flash owner

theandresperson

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone, new to the forums and new to Windows Phone. And all I have to say is that I love it!

The Focus Flash has been a real breeze to use; WP is the sweetest mobile OS I've used to date. Forget about Android or iOS, WP takes the crown in terms of usability and fun.

Anyway, one minor gripe: the lock screen freezes at times :mad:. It's become a bit of a nuisance and I'm hoping that Microsoft and Samsung figure this one out (I've already submitted this problem to both).

Finally, thanks to everyone in the community here for showing me the light (I lurked for quite a while, oops!). I can't wait to delve deeper and embrace the community.

syang87

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Woohoo! Welcome to the flash club. Another one to join the 5 members that are on here. Haha.

I have the same problem as well. It tends to freeze when a text message comes through. My flash freezes at least once a day.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
No Flash here but curious. When you say freeze, do you mean difficulty on swiping the lock screen. Or freeze as in toggle the power button, or worse, power off/on. Basically, how do you unfeeze?

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

syang87

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
No Flash here but curious. When you say freeze, do you mean difficulty on swiping the lock screen. Or freeze as in toggle the power button, or worse, power off/on. Basically, how do you unfeeze?

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express
Freezes on lock screen with the toast notification (no time or date shown, just the background and the message up top). You can push the power button to turn off/on the screen, but it stays frozen on the lock screen. Unfreeze by doing a battery pull. In some cases you will lose your last text message.

neshyd

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
Freezes on lock screen with the toast notification (no time or date shown, just the background and the message up top). You can push the power button to turn off/on the screen, but it stays frozen on the lock screen. Unfreeze by doing a battery pull. In some cases you will lose your last text message.

I've had to same problem! It's happened to me twice.. I'm tempted to reset my phone but I don't want to...

Oh and I'm a new Focus Flash user too, got it last week and I'm loving it :D

Hello everyone!

theandresperson

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site

Yep, this is what I'm talking about. The notification screen will freeze; you can lock/unlock your Flash, but it will not allow you to get to the Start menu. It's very frustrating, and guessing from the others who have this problem, it's the software and not the hardware. So much for getting an exchange from Amazon :(

Your move, Samsung and Microsft

Welcome!

Mangos taste better than apples!

I hear ya on that! Definitely do not regret my purchase. I am loving this phone more and more every minute. Well let's hope that this issue will be resolved soon!

Regards,
Andres

facetheduke

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I love the phone so far, and WP7 has been a nice change from iOS, but I have had the same lock screen issue twice.

I mentioned it at an AT&T store and they said that this was due to my rarely/never powering the phone down. I suppose it could be accurate, as I now power my phone down once every couple of days and haven't had the issue. I had a Samsung flip phone a few years ago that would get a little screwy if you didn't power it down every once in a while.

The Flash was a no-brainer for me... I couldn't justify $150 more just for storage and a camera. The screen size really didn't matter to me.

TheMapman

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
New user, new to WP7 and the Focus Flash. Having the same vexing issue. It is happening several times a day to me. I would estimate 1 out of 4 texts causes the issue.

theandresperson

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
We definitely need to contact Samsung about this; it disturbs me enough as it is. Does anybody know how we can go about contacting Samsung or Microsoft about this?

JayKeebs

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Please keep this thread going

I am also a new Focus Flash owner and love the phone except for it locking up when a receive test messages.

I have emailed Samsung and awaiting a reply,
All info of this wide spread issue needs to be posted here or on another thread

TheMapman

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I've been to the AT&T store at AT&T HQ in Dallas and they had no idea about it. I talked to a WP rep that was in the store and he said it must be a firmware issue, so it's on Samsung. I've tweeted at them and received no reply. I am chatting with AT&T tech support about it right now

JayKeebs

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Samsung has no idea about it either.
Think of we get enough Flash owners to email or call Samsung about this issue, we may get some better results
Right now they are just telling me to do a soft reset, which is just removing battery

So everyone that has an issue if you don't mind email or call Samsung via there website, and let them know it's a issue they need to address

TheMapman

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Right now Samsung twitter support is telling me to do a factory reset, but I don't see how that can help given that I've already replaced the device once and the problem happened again. Trying to see if there's a firmware update or something worth backing up for.

JayKeebs

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
My guess is, is that Samsung is going to have to start developing a firmware update, if they haven't already. I doubt they have, unless they are lying to me about knowing about the issue.

Is anyone having this freezing up issue with a brand new phone, with no extra apps added (other than what it came preloaded with)

My flash has just minimum apps like Facebook, GPS, Weather, ESPN, DTV, and Amazon

waterboy15

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I am a focus flash user and love my phone! However the lockup issue is quite annoying. Samsung definitely needs to fix this. I feel like the phone freezes are happening more often... Maybe eve once or twice per day.... Samsung please fix!

PaladinPete

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I've had my Focus Flash for just about a week now and have not experienced any lock ups so far. The more I use this phone the more I like it.

alynn27

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
My guess is, is that Samsung is going to have to start developing a firmware update, if they haven't already. I doubt they have, unless they are lying to me about knowing about the issue.

Is anyone having this freezing up issue with a brand new phone, with no extra apps added (other than what it came preloaded with)

My flash has just minimum apps like Facebook, GPS, Weather, ESPN, DTV, and Amazon
I had this issue with my first focus flash within 2 days of purchase. It was so bad that it was happening with consecutive texts, about 25 times in a row. I called the tech support number and they did a hard reset and it still froze. The next day I went to the att tech support center and they wouldn't look at it because it was still within the 30 days so I went to the att store and they replaced it with a new one. The new one started freezing that night (without any apps installed). I still have the second phone and it is still freezing...I really hope an update comes out soon for this problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750