Lockup Issue - TEMPORARY fix

theandresperson

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
Hello Everyone, Andres here again, and finally done with college final exams.\

It seems the lock screen freezing issue is very widespread and it's driving people crazy. Well I may have found a temporary fix (or more so a work-around). This should work about 95% of the time, as I had not had a freezing lock screen for about 2 weeks or more.

The problem may be caused by conflicts between the proximity sensor, and pressing a button (Windows or unlock button) when they are both trying to turn the screen on. Within a certain time frame, they will both attempt to turn the screen on, causing the buttons and screen to become unresponsive.

A temporary workaround would be to test this method:

1. Prepare to send a text message to your Focus Flash via Google Voice or another cell phone.

2. Place a solid object, such as a small card or piece of paper, over the phone and make sure it covers the proximity sensor near the earpiece. Another alternative is to place the phone face down on a flat surface.

3. Send a text message to your Focus Flash device.

4. Make sure to let the phone ring completely and then pick up your device. Remember to NOT press ANY buttons. The proximity sensor will turn the screen on and you will be able to slide the wallpaper up.

It is a rather crude workaround, but as I mentioned before, it has worked every time for me.

Remember that if you keep your phone in your pocket or another place where the proximity sensor will be active, allow the proximity sensor to unlock your phone and avoid pressing any buttons.

Hope this helps everyone, as I posted the temporary fix on another thread which has gotten a bit of attention already. Glad to be part of this new community and would like to thank everyone for their ongoing efforts to try and get this problem fixed.

Regards,
Andres

facetheduke

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
The reasoning - regarding the proximity sensor vs. the button - seems to be sound. When I think of the times that I've experienced the issue, this describes the status of the phone.

SSK the Gr8

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Hello Everyone, Andres here again, and finally done with college final exams.\

It seems the lock screen freezing issue is very widespread and it's driving people crazy. Well I may have found a temporary fix (or more so a work-around). This should work about 95% of the time, as I had not had a freezing lock screen for about 2 weeks or more.

The problem may be caused by conflicts between the proximity sensor, and pressing a button (Windows or unlock button) when they are both trying to turn the screen on. Within a certain time frame, they will both attempt to turn the screen on, causing the buttons and screen to become unresponsive.

A temporary workaround would be to test this method:

1. Prepare to send a text message to your Focus Flash via Google Voice or another cell phone.

2. Place a solid object, such as a small card or piece of paper, over the phone and make sure it covers the proximity sensor near the earpiece. Another alternative is to place the phone face down on a flat surface.

3. Send a text message to your Focus Flash device.

4. Make sure to let the phone ring completely and then pick up your device. Remember to NOT press ANY buttons. The proximity sensor will turn the screen on and you will be able to slide the wallpaper up.

It is a rather crude workaround, but as I mentioned before, it has worked every time for me.

Remember that if you keep your phone in your pocket or another place where the proximity sensor will be active, allow the proximity sensor to unlock your phone and avoid pressing any buttons.

Hope this helps everyone, as I posted the temporary fix on another thread which has gotten a bit of attention already. Glad to be part of this new community and would like to thank everyone for their ongoing efforts to try and get this problem fixed.

Regards,
Andres
thanx for the solution, i was planning to buy the omnia w and was worried about this lockup problem, now that i know there is a temporary fix at least :p

there are no other issues with the phone, right?

Streit_420

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
When your phone IS locked

Hold down the power button for what seems like an eternity (probably about 15 seconds). Your phone will reboot. It is better than having to remove the battery.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12