4G on unlocked phone?

wadicals73

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
So I wanted to see if anyone could help me figure this out. I just recently unlocked a AT&T Samsung SGH i677 (focus flash) for T-Mobile and it seems that the 4G isn't working. Neither is the 3G, its just running off edge. Is there something I have to do to get the 4G working or when you unlock a phone is 4G or 3G not supported. thanks for the help.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
You won't get 3G/4G on T-mobile with that phone. It doesn't have the T-MobileUSA frequencies. 2G on T-Mobile isn't bad if u are just looking at news sites.

kingp

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
So I wanted to see if anyone could help me figure this out. I just recently unlocked a AT&T Samsung SGH i677 (focus flash) for T-Mobile and it seems that the 4G isn't working. Neither is the 3G, its just running off edge. Is there something I have to do to get the 4G working or when you unlock a phone is 4G or 3G not supported. thanks for the help.

Unfortunately the Focus Flash doesn't support the 1700 band that T-Mobile uses for 3G data. It does support the 2100 for "4G" (3G+ really) but you have to have both bands in order to use either. The Focus Flash lacks the 1700 frequency.

You could look at Red Pocket mobile, since they are a pre-paid MVNO operating on AT&T bands. They're about 10 bucks/month more than T-Mobile though...and you only get 2GB of data.

I have a question for you though. I also have a Focus Flash, but I didn't do anything to "unlock it" (I'm new to GSM phones)...how did you do that?

Last edited:

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
You could look at Red Pocket mobile, since they are a pre-paid MVNO operating on AT&T bands. They're about 10 bucks/month more than T-Mobile though...and you only get 2GB of data.

I have a question for you though. I also have a Focus Flash, but I didn't do anything to "unlock it" (I'm new to GSM phones)...how did you do that?

$10 more than T-Mobile, but still way cheaper than AT&T. :p

And SIM unlocking, usually you can buy a code and they'll give you instructions on how to enter it and after that it will be unlocked. Then you can use it with any SIM as long as your phone is compatible with their network.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720