Stay away from the samsung Focus Flash!

webosisalive!

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
<RANT>
The Flash is know to have a bug where the phone will lovk up, and you can't use the touchscreen untill after you reboot it! Sometimes, I am now having a problem where the screen will not work for hours at a time, even after a hard reset!

After three replacements in 6 months im so disappointed with this phone! I got it on launch and was so happy with it for the longest time, but as I said I am now on my 3rd replacement! This issue is widespread, and screw samsung for not doing anything about it. I'm so mad that I'm stuck with this **** phone until June of next year. I will be calling AT&T and complaining untill they let me upgrade early to the Nokia Lumia.
</RANT>

toyotast165

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I have 3 ff, only issue I have ever had which has been very very aggravating is the disappearing keyboard, otherwise they all have been perfect. Absolutely zero complaints from any of the 3, just a software bug that at&t has yet to remedy.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
<RANT>
The Flash is know to have a bug where the phone will lovk up, and you can't use the touchscreen untill after you reboot it! Sometimes, I am now having a problem where the screen will not work for hours at a time, even after a hard reset!

After three replacements in 6 months im so disappointed with this phone! I got it on launch and was so happy with it for the longest time, but as I said I am now on my 3rd replacement! This issue is widespread, and screw samsung for not doing anything about it. I'm so mad that I'm stuck with this **** phone until June of next year. I will be calling AT&T and complaining untill they let me upgrade early to the Nokia Lumia.
</RANT>

Maybe it's time to demand a 900. ;)

abhaywritescode

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I've had my phone for about 25 days now and I haven't had any of the problems. I only had the disappearing keyboard but that got fixed in the new update and it hasn't happened since. But yeah, the battery life is pretty bad. I'm not able to get more than 10-12 hours. Thinking of getting a battery pack or something because I'm broke and can't afford another phone. But apart from the battery life, i really love everything about this phone.

donna199

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
From my understanding when you receive a txt give it a few secs then respond and the issue does not happen..from what I have read in this thread.

JellymanEN

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I've had my Omnia W for one month or so, have not had any issues, of course battery life could be better, but in the end it depends how you use your phone, for me it lasts 1 to 1,5 day with normal use, 3 mail accounts which sync every hour, wifi on, 3g on + a little gaming and some talking in phone :)

bpgui

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I've not had any issues with mine, but my wife has the lockup issue with text messages. Hers seems to be alleviated by waiting a few seconds before opening the message.

Depauville Kid

May 28, 2012
Visit site
I've had serious freezing issues with my FF. I'm on my 4th Flash, but could have exchanged many more times. When I get the exchange model, it freezes the same day, but I usually wait to exchange it again, just because I don't have the patience dealing with the horrible warranty center.

I finally called the ATT main customer care number and they are sending me a Titan II completely for free, not even a contract extension. My Titan II will be here tomorrow and I cannot wait. I asked for the Titan I because it was only a penny, but the rep offered the Titan II instead.

I do have to say that without the freezing issues, this was an enjoyable phone to use. I really liked the FF, but the defects are just frustrating.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo