Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Depauville Kid

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    <RANT>
    The Flash is know to have a bug where the phone will lovk up, and you can't use the touchscreen untill after you reboot it! Sometimes, I am now having a problem where the screen will not work for hours at a time, even after a hard reset!

After three replacements in 6 months im so disappointed with this phone! I got it on launch and was so happy with it for the longest time, but as I said I am now on my 3rd replacement! This issue is widespread, and screw samsung for not doing anything about it. I'm so mad that I'm stuck with this **** phone until June of next year. I will be calling AT&T and complaining untill they let me upgrade early to the Nokia Lumia.
    </RANT>

Maybe I one of few lucky one who has not had the problem with Flash locking up after receiving a txt message and you go reply and it locks from the lockscreen forcing you to pull the batter etc..and reboot etc.

From my understanding when you receive a txt give it a few secs then respond and the issue does not happen..from what I have read in this thread..

http://forums.windowscentral.com/foc...w/183835-2.htm
    TMobile Nokia Lumia 521 (GDR3/Black) - Prepaid Unlimited + 3gb Hotspot
    AT&T Nokia Lumia 520 - Net10 AT&T
    Retired Focus Flash (wp7.8 = 7.10.8862.14)
    Net10/Straight Talk AT&T Apn Data for Samsung Wireless Manager
    WPCentralApp Beta Tester

Global Posts
    1,007 Global Posts
    I have 3 ff, only issue I have ever had which has been very very aggravating is the disappearing keyboard, otherwise they all have been perfect. Absolutely zero complaints from any of the 3, just a software bug that at&t has yet to remedy.

I'm having tons of issues too, and all of a sudden my batterylife is abysmal.
    Mod Emeritus

Global Posts
    5,300 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brennen stump View Post
    <RANT>
    The Flash is know to have a bug where the phone will lovk up, and you can't use the touchscreen untill after you reboot it! Sometimes, I am now having a problem where the screen will not work for hours at a time, even after a hard reset!

After three replacements in 6 months im so disappointed with this phone! I got it on launch and was so happy with it for the longest time, but as I said I am now on my 3rd replacement! This issue is widespread, and screw samsung for not doing anything about it. I'm so mad that I'm stuck with this **** phone until June of next year. I will be calling AT&T and complaining untill they let me upgrade early to the Nokia Lumia.
    </RANT>
    Maybe it's time to demand a 900. ;)

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mismo View Post
    I'm having tons of issues too, and all of a sudden my batterylife is abysmal.
    omg I just started having that issue where when I first had it I got two days charge, and even though I haven't changed the way I use my phone I barley get a day!

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Figure 8 Dash View Post
    Maybe it's time to demand a 900. ;)
    Maybe, I'm waiting on the tango update. If that doesn't work im getting he lumia.
    I've had my phone for about 25 days now and I haven't had any of the problems. I only had the disappearing keyboard but that got fixed in the new update and it hasn't happened since. But yeah, the battery life is pretty bad. I'm not able to get more than 10-12 hours. Thinking of getting a battery pack or something because I'm broke and can't afford another phone. But apart from the battery life, i really love everything about this phone.

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    It depends on what you're doing. If you're using it with the screen on for hours and hours, your battery life is going to suck.

From my understanding when you receive a txt give it a few secs then respond and the issue does not happen..from what I have read in this thread.

I have had my phone about 5 months, no issues at all!

Sent from my SGH-i677 Focus Flash using Board Express Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by donna199 View Post
    Click to view quoted image
    From my understanding when you receive a txt give it a few secs then respond and the issue does not happen..from what I have read in this thread.
    I always respond to texts immediately whenever they come, whether the phone is locked or not, no issues.

I've had my Omnia W for one month or so, have not had any issues, of course battery life could be better, but in the end it depends how you use your phone, for me it lasts 1 to 1,5 day with normal use, 3 mail accounts which sync every hour, wifi on, 3g on + a little gaming and some talking in phone :)

Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    I've not had any issues with mine, but my wife has the lockup issue with text messages. Hers seems to be alleviated by waiting a few seconds before opening the message.
    I've had serious freezing issues with my FF. I'm on my 4th Flash, but could have exchanged many more times. When I get the exchange model, it freezes the same day, but I usually wait to exchange it again, just because I don't have the patience dealing with the horrible warranty center.

I finally called the ATT main customer care number and they are sending me a Titan II completely for free, not even a contract extension. My Titan II will be here tomorrow and I cannot wait. I asked for the Titan I because it was only a penny, but the rep offered the Titan II instead.

I do have to say that without the freezing issues, this was an enjoyable phone to use. I really liked the FF, but the defects are just frustrating.
    alpinestars1z likes this.