Tango 8773 and FirmWare 2103.12.05.04

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
My phone has of late at work has been really horrible when it comes to battery life.

The other day was just 30% after just 6 hours of normal usage(music, data, wpcentral, email). At that point, I just turned the phone off till I got home.

When I got home, I turned off everything that I could and decided to just drain the battery down till it died. Fried up WPBenchmark Battery about 1 1/2 hours later phone died.

I then plugged back into the charger and 3 hours latter it was fully charged.

This is first time for me to do this with this battery drain it totally down and recondition it, I know we are not supposed to do it or at least I thought we where not.

The next day at work with normal ( 8 hours of music, 4g data enabled, wpcentral, email checking.) It was back to 55% after a normal day activities at work.

So I suggest if you are having battery problem. Let your phone go through normal activity then wpbench battery test and drain till phone dies at 1%..and let it recharge itself fully..It may help..

edit: At home today, Data Turned on no music been on for 3 hours battery reads 91%..

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
WP BenchMark Free -

Battery Test , I just used it drain battery is all. Have not run it to see how long life is with all services turned off..

But What is your Speed Score..I can get 91 to 92 with all services turned off..But 89 is average on flash..

sconrad308

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
WP BenchMark Free -

Battery Test , I just used it drain battery is all. Have not run it to see how long life is with all services turned off..

But What is your Speed Score..I can get 91 to 92 with all services turned off..But 89 is average on flash..

I will drain my battery with it tonight. And charge it overnight. My speed score was 88.66 with everything turned on. And I got it to 91.8 with everything turned off on my Flash.

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I will drain my battery with it tonight. And charge it overnight. My speed score was 88.66 with everything turned on. And I got it to 91.8 with everything turned off on my Flash.

Speed Score's are where they should be. 88 to 89 with services.

I can't break my 92.71 score on 8107 with services turned off, I can get close with Tango, but, I feel like I am cheating with all services turned off..

Battery managed 17 Hours yesterday, let's see if does the same today. With these settings..

Data 4g on, no music, Hotmail*Yahoo, wpcentral, weatherbug 1 hour checking - made a few calls and had a few txt at 84% after 4 hours today..

gaurav.231089

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Hey Guyz....disharged my Battery yesterday with battery disharger app (use carefully) and charged it all way up to 98% and then disconnected.....then tested it...turned on wifi and whatsapp while i took sleep. (wifi was connected even in lock screen thanks to whatsapp new update or bug :)) )...and now this morning i am at 82 % battery with 11 hours...used phone in morning for few whats app text and sms.......so i guess battery is improved i guess........and i think tango upadte made some kind of overclocking in processor as i found out that while multitasking battery drops very quickly now after tango update

sconrad308

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
OK. I did the discharge the other day, and charged it back up, but I didn't let it get all the way to 100% before I had to leave and grab it off of charge. After that my battery life was actually worse yesterday, but last night I tried again and today it is doing great. In fact it has been off of charge now for 10 hours and still says I have 5 hours left at 51%. Normal usage so it does appear to have helped and things are better.

dtristan111

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
I just bought the Omnia W for 99€ for a 2 year contract extension, seemed a bargain as the cheapest Lumias cost 150€ (610 and 710, both also head worse screens and batterys, as for Nokia Drive well I can say it works on my phone as well) and Android phones at that price are more or less rubbish.

I updated it to the latest updates from MS and Samsung and so far haven't had any problems. I can't comment about the battery life as I haven't really used it much before updating.

SSK the Gr8

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
now this is confusing, i've still not updated because people said that battery life decreases and now some are saying it does not :excl:

@dtristan111
congratulations on your new purchase :)

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I updated it to the latest updates from MS and Samsung and so far haven't had any problems. I can't comment about the battery life as I haven't really used it much before updating.

The Flash/Omina W is a great phone, of the smallest phone it comes to Flash and Nokia,. The 610 ( Love the design) and 710 (Great Phone) do not have a Front Facing Camera with Flash/Omina W does which is a plus. But Nokia Support and Apps can't be beat. Samsung Support is great if you tell them it is a windows phone when you call.

Battery Life depends on how you use your phone, music, games, video, apps, signal strength if cellular data is turned on etc..

At work For Me I can listen to about 8 hours of non streaming music and only use 25% to 30% of battery, without cellular data turned on.

With Cellular Data turned I can go through about 50% of Battery after 8 hours of non streaming music and 2 email checking every hour, wpcentral, weather bug. But it depends on how good signal strength is. I recently have just been turning off data and turning it on when I need it.

At Home Signal Strenght is much better. it is just email,wpcentral(toast),weatherbug running..10 hours and 30 to 40% of battery is used on Cellular..

The Battery can last about two days if not more..without needing a charge if you turn off cellular data and no wifi and most of services..And use it just has a phone..:lol:

=============

SSK the Gr8 - my advice is has along has you have a good zune backup and you do not install the firmware you can upgrade to tango. If you have a problem with tango then you can rollback via zune to mango. Just make sure you cancel on samsung update which is last update after 8773 is installed..

Once you install the firmware you cannot downgraded it back to previous version.

Or you could always wait for 7.8..:D

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
My Phone has it good days and bad days when it comes to battery life. Today it was raining so I had a really good cellular connection. If it was not raining then my phone would have struggled to keep a cellular connection and most likely would have got down to 30 to 40% if not less after 8 hours of Non Streaming Music, Cell turned on - wpcentral only apps checking.

But since it was raining I was able to leave it on all day and listen to music and battery reads 58% left.

I have turned off email checking since that is what kills my battery from my test. I do not receive enough mail to really need it checking every hour or so. And the weather I am checking manually.

The other day it went 24 hours in idle with minimal usage with data turned on..

Once again you can't trust the battery estimate has it is deceiving, trust the % bar instead..;)

sconrad308

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
I turned one of my emails to always on, and one for every 15 minutes since that is the best I could do with it and my battery life has been great the past week or so.

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
This is my first windows 7 phone and it has great battery life as opposed to the androids I had. When I listen to music, it barley touches the battery life.

Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

SSK the Gr8

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm asking for the firmware version. Goto settings >about> more information. there you'll find the firmware version.

And how's your battery life? what's your daily usage like?

gaurav.231089

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm asking for the firmware version. Goto settings >about> more information. there you'll find the firmware version.

And how's your battery life? what's your daily usage like?
I am getting battery life of 20 hours around with above average usage..mainly whatsapp, browsing on wifi.
With Power saving mode i get around 1.5 days
Things which i have noticed:
1. Switching to UTMS_GSM seems giving better battery then GSM_UTMS
2. Standby drain is more compared to android( Galaxy Y)

gaurav.231089

May 31, 2012
Visit site
One more thing i noticed, yesterday i was at 55% battery then i used fb and internet on wifi for ,more than hour or so and the battery was down to 35%. After that i switched off wifi and slept, considering 6 hours battery should be down to 26-27% but it down to 20% :confused: so why did this happened? Maybe be Processor speed not coming down as it should have been ?:dry

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12