will samsung focus flash receive the 7.8 update?

taekkwon

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
It appears that Samsung Omnia W/Focus Flash will not be getting 7.8 update, according to Samsung Portugal.
Source (pocketpt.net): Omnia W n?o ir? receber o update para a vers?o 7.8 PocketPT - Mobilidade sem segredos! | PocketPT - Mobilidade sem segredos!

Capture.jpg

The tranlated text in the image says:
"In response to your inquiry requesting information on your Samsung equipment, i inform you that the software version will go up only to 7.5."

This is weird since a lot of these devices where sold... this really needs official confirmation.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
First off, I am sharing this response with this thread after starting it for my Focus S users, and in response to a Focus 2 user. I threw in the Flash into my Email as well, just to cover bases. I sent this inquiry to AT&T:

Q3:please enter your phone question below:
A3:My wife, myself, and several of my friends have Windows Phones
devices. We are curious to what information we can get concerning the
WP 7.8 update pending for our devices. I have the Samsung Focus S, my
wife has the HTC Titan 2, and my friends have Samsung Focus 2 and the
Focus Flash. Any information on when we can see this update? The Nokia
900 is already recieving it, and we are curious.

Thank you for your time.

And here is AT&T's response:

Unfortunately at this time we do not have a date for the Windows 7.8
update for the devices you mentioned. For more information on Windows
updates you can visit Windows support website at
Support - Microsoft Windows Help.

I apologize for any trouble this may have caused. If there is anything
else we can assist you with please feel free to contact us again. Thank
you for being an AT&T customer.

Sincerely,

Julie Jones
AT&T National Solution Centers

I did go to Microsoft, but their Web site is among the least user friendly you will EVER try to surf. As far as I can tell, there are only generic "coming features", and I have had no luck finding a place to email a rep. I will continue to look though. I am not way worried yet, as there is a promise from Samsung to update all their WP 7.5 devices to 7.8:

Windows Phone 7.8 Will Be Available For All Current 7.5 Running Samsung Handsets | Redmond Pie

So I do not think any Samsung WP 7.5 device owner, such as yourselves, should lose sleep over it. It is coming. But if we see it by the end of February, I think that would be a small victory.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon