I will be switching from VZW to ATT to get this phone

Verkunder

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I was on AT&T with a Focus but they didn't get me my employer's discount and their handling of NoDo caused me to switch to T-Mobile. I like it being faster on 3g but the coverage is absolutely pitiful--this phone is cause enough to switch back!

Sent using Windows Phone

hubgoblin

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
I'll be switching from Sprint, a Galaxy S2. It's a great phone but I've wanted a WIndows phone for so long now, and this is the one.

threed61

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I would make sure that AT&T has good coverage in the places you spend the most time. Along with their higher prices and smaller selection of phones, VZW has much better coverage than AT&T, one of the reasons I didn't switch. If the coverage works for you, enjoy that new phone!

hubgoblin

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
I would make sure that AT&T has good coverage in the places you spend the most time. Along with their higher prices and smaller selection of phones, VZW has much better coverage than AT&T, one of the reasons I didn't switch. If the coverage works for you, enjoy that new phone!

I've had ATT. For a couple of years, am iPhone. Coverage was very good, especially data. I live in the Bay Area,.we get pretty good coverage from all four carriers.

btbam91

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I live in Los Angeles and I get perfect coverage with AT&T.... except for when the Los Angeles Coliseum is packed with 90000+ fans.

EDIT: I was in the stands with them.

Last edited:

3migo

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Generally, as long as I am in an urban area, that isn't abnormally packed, I will get good reception with AT&T. However if you are on a long road trip, going in areas that aren't densely populated, you will get no service at all.

I also get poor reception at concerts, and other large events where people are densely packed together.

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Very tough call between focus S and lumia 800. Focus has bigger/better screen and more under the hood at 32gb of memory. The 800 is just damn sexy, but has smaller screen and half the memory.

I'm leaning toward Focus S because I just dig my Focus.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Very tough call between focus S and lumia 800. Focus has bigger/better screen and more under the hood at 32gb of memory. The 800 is just damn sexy, but has smaller screen and half the memory.

You didn't make a good case for the 800... lol ;)

I'm itching for the Focus S... I need a new WP device, like yesterday!

threed61

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I've had ATT. For a couple of years, am iPhone. Coverage was very good, especially data. I live in the Bay Area,.we get pretty good coverage from all four carriers.

Yah, should of said VZW had better coverage for me. Too bad, ATT has an enviable selection of Windows Phones!

trivor

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site

Don't ever switch for hardware - when you lose coverage that shiny new phone isn't going to be much good. I travel A LOT and Verizon is the only carrier for me (nobody even comes in a close second). In my home town when I don't travel Verizon is the only one with good coverage. I'm not holding my breath for a new WP7 on Verizon and I blame MS for that, not Verizon (18 mos old hardware with the Trophy is not going to hack it!!!). It will be Android or iOS for my next phone (going to miss WebOS on my current phone - I think WP7 and WebOS currently have the same market share - not good for WP7).

Dusteater

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Don't ever switch for hardware - when you lose coverage that shiny new phone isn't going to be much good. I travel A LOT and Verizon is the only carrier for me (nobody even comes in a close second). In my home town when I don't travel Verizon is the only one with good coverage. I'm not holding my breath for a new WP7 on Verizon and I blame MS for that, not Verizon (18 mos old hardware with the Trophy is not going to hack it!!!). It will be Android or iOS for my next phone (going to miss WebOS on my current phone - I think WP7 and WebOS currently have the same market share - not good for WP7).

Why do you blame Microsoft for that? It is up to VZW to get new phones. It is pretty obvious both VZW and Sprint could care less about their customers, and also they are both getting paid off by Google. Also, I travel alot as well, and that is why I am switching from Sprint to AT&T, because you get very limited selection on both CDMA carriers for global roaming. Every single AT&T phone works around the world, I'd say that is better coverage than either VZW or Sprint.

3migo

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

I'm most likely going to get the Focus S now, and then once Nokia hits the US, sell the Focus S to get a Nokia device.

Although now I'm going to have a tough decision to make on Sunday, now that the BB bold 9900 is being released along side the Focus S... Both incredible devices.

Peter McCain

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I will leaving Sprint too. But i hate that there is no unlimited data plan available on at&t.
Faster data speeds is a plus, and better wp selection is the huge plus.
Tired of the android ****.
but should i buy off contract? and maybe wait for nokia to arrive??...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3