Got less than 12 hours battery time.

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Someone at the XDA forums said this:

yesterday was the first full day i had with it, and i took it off the charger around 11am and when i got back at 330am, it still had about 30% left.

and it was a moderate to high moderate day of usage for me (listened to podcasts in the car for about 2 hours total, music at work for about 2 hours, updated posts, read facebook/twitter/websites, played some games.

i also have okay to poor reception at work, so that probably didn't help battery issues when i moved into areas with poor reception.

so in conclusion, i'm quite happy with how well it's holding up so far, as good as the original focus i had, if not even better.

that was me that said that, and so far it seems to be fairly good in battery life, today it's been off the charger for 13 hours, and is at 56% with an estimated 13 hours left on the battery.

that is with roughly the same level of usage as above, maybe slightly less.

the only major difference between today's usage and the one in the xda quote is i didn't go to work today, so the phone has been on wifi for a majority of the time.

randywintle

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting great battery life. Usually around 30% when going to bed with a 12-14 hour day off charge and moderate usage.

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
WP7 is so much better on the battery than Windows Mobile 6.1 was. My Treo Pro came with Windows Mobile 6.1 and a 1500mah battery. You were lucky to get 10 hours out of it with light usage.

ScubaSteve2

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
13 hours since last charge with 45% battery left. Awesome.

How are you getting such great battery life. What background services are you using? (aka Email, Facebook, Twitter, apps with live tiles). Do you have Wi-Fi on, etc. I could probably never turn the screen on on my device on and still not get that good of battery life. I am getting pretty disappointed with the battery life of my device.

MikeF74

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I am doing much better today on battery life. I changed two things, but changed them at the same time so I'm sorry to say that I can't tell you all which change made the bigger difference.

What I changed was:
1) I changed the settings in the Samsung Now tile ("Daily Briefing") and turned off the "Auto Location" for the weather.
2) I finally got around to connecting to my WiFi in my office, so push stuff won't be using the radio as much.

I've been on the phone for about two hours today, but haven't really done much in terms of data except for the push email (which is now pushing two accounts instead of one). Maybe the Samsung app keeps the GPS running constantly and drains the battery, or push data over HSPA+ is a battery hog.

Based on the previous 2-3 days usage, I only got an estimated 12 hours remaining when I unplugged my phone this morning. But as of right now I am showing 72% remaining and 10 hours, which is pretty good considering I took it off the charger 5.5 hours ago.

StriderNo9

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I have locations on and I update my twitter feed a few times an hour (testing) and I listen to maybe 45 minutes of a local podcast. I have 31% and less than 6 hours since my last full charge. Hmm

Hoping battery gets better on these phones with more charge cycles.

StriderNo9

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I have locations on and I update my twitter feed a few times an hour (testing) and I listen to maybe 45 minutes of a local podcast. I have 31% and less than 6 hours since my last full charge. Hmm

Hoping battery gets better on these phones with more charge cycles.

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
i have my gmail pushed and my live mail pushed, facebook and twitter synced, and update status, look at feeds, browse the web, listen to music, and play some games throughout my day, nothing super crazy, but i'd say i have a fairly typical moderate to heavy moderate usage patterns.

the battery is amazing so far.

as far as full charge cycles, i'm probably about 3 in? i got the phone on monday night, and it was pretty new (got it off Craigslist, i think the guy just tried it out for a day, as the screen and camera stickers were still on the phone.

so the phone may have gone through 4 full charge cycles.

StriderNo9

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I am on my 3rd full cycle of battery charging, I turned off all background apps, and I am testing it out today, so far last full charge 3 hours ago and I'm down to 74% with some music listening, downloaded a few apps also.

ScubaSteve2

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I finally figured out the source of my poor battery life. At work, my phone is connected to an AT&T MicroCell. I had my phone removed from the MicroCell, and now the battery lasts as expected. I concluded that the phone was losing about 10% battery life per hour while idle, when connected to the MicroCell.

ScubaSteve2

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I just put my phone on my company Wifi to fix the issue.
Yeah, that's the thing, I have always been on my company's Wi-Fi. But the battery was still draining rapidly when I was connected to the MicroCell. But fortunately, removing my phone from the MicroCell did the trick. When connected to the MicroCell, my phone would be nearly dead by the time I left work, which was very frustrating.

ZombieBacchus

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
My battery lasts about 11-12 hours with moderate usage but drops quickly to about 6 or 7 with heavy use. I am pretty happy with that but I wish I could get a solid 8 hours with heavy use to get me through an entire work day.

StriderNo9

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
What is really annoying is that, like you, with heavy use I can get like 7 hours of battery life but then I have to leave it on the charger the entire evening and over night to charge it for the next day. The phone becomes utterly useless to me for the second half of my day.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99