Turn off 4G & turn off find my phone.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Do you have the phone? Its not in settings, at least if it is, I don't see it.

Not the Focus S, but I am running mango and I know what's in the OS and I know that you need to look through settings to find what you need and to become familiar with your phone.

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I have a Focus S and there is no setting. It's not real 4G anyway, so I don't think you can turn it off because I think it uses the same radio. The only way to turn it off is to turn off data. Correct me if I'm wrong.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I have a Focus S and there is no setting. It's not real 4G anyway, so I don't think you can turn it off because I think it uses the same radio. The only way to turn it off is to turn off data. Correct me if I'm wrong.

You don't have battery saver that turns off the data and saves the battery? Or Mobile Network/Cellular to turn off data under settings?

or find my phone or location under setting?

I would think we all have similar settings.

Last edited:

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
My point is he needs to under Setting>System and Settings>Applications or else he's never going to become familiar with his phone.

itssimplyjeff1

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
There's really no point in disabling 4G, since AT&T's "4G" is really just 3G. Unless he wants to run on Edge, there's nothing to do here.

I don't mind, i just rather have longer battery life. I don't use the internet too much other than email. Any idea how to do this?

My point is he needs to under Setting>System and Settings>Applications or else he's never going to become familiar with his phone.

I know you're trying to help and I appreciate it, but it is not the same phone, and while they have the same OS, the settings seem to be slightly different. Its not there. There is a setting to turn of data, but only to turn it off completely. There is no setting to switch to EDGE or "3G" and that's what I'm trying to do.

Just because I'm new doesn't mean I'm naive, trust me, I tried everything before asking, and even tried the diagnosis menu before asking, but it seems that there is a new version with mango that has different inputs than the old one so *#2263# doesn't do anything.

So does anyone know the new input or a way to do this? Sometimes I have longer work days than others and would like the battery to last a bit longer. Plus the EDGE connection out here is better than 3G/4G so that should help out the battery a lot.

Thanks!

gravage

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I don't mind, i just rather have longer battery life. I don't use the internet too much other than email. Any idea how to do this?

Sorry, dude. To my knowledge, there's no way to put a WP7 phone on edge. It's not an option. The battery life is really good, even with 3G on all the time.

And palandri, stop being a douche. He asked a simple question. If you don't feel like answering him, then just don't post. Telling people to search the forums or play with their phone is a douche move. We're all here to help each other. I'm sure you've asked a few questions on some online forums that you could have found the answer to yourself.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Sorry, dude. To my knowledge, there's no way to put a WP7 phone on edge. It's not an option. The battery life is really good, even with 3G on all the time.

And palandri, stop being a douche. He asked a simple question. If you don't feel like answering him, then just don't post. Telling people to search the forums or play with their phone is a douche move. We're all here to help each other. I'm sure you've asked a few questions on some online forums that you could have found the answer to yourself.

I was trying to help him. The Focus S is a brand new phone, not eveyone knows what all the setting are until they go through them.. Also, name calling is childish and isn't allowed in the forum, calling me a douche is way out of line.

gravage

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I was trying to help him. The Focus S is a brand new phone, not eveyone knows what all the setting are until they go through them.. Also, name calling is childish and isn't allowed in the forum, calling me a douche is way out of line.

Actually, I didn't call you anything. I told you not to be something. Two different things entirely. If you don't feel you're being a douche, then you have nothing to worry about.

I understand your approach, but it's not helpful to everyone. Some people don't have the patience to look around or they get frustrated when they try and they give up and come here looking for help. I know because I do I.T. Support for a living. If I told every one of my customers to "figure it out", I wouldn't have a job. Not to mention, it takes just a few minutes of my time to steer them in the right direction.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
OP there is no off switch for the 4g and there are settings for find my phone that reduce the battery hit but the only way to turn it off is to turn out location services. Both find my phone and 4g piggyback on other services so the battery draw is minimal. Think about it this way 3g and 4g radio is the same radio so no additional battery draw there. Find my phone is using data gathered by location services when it is used by other programs so no additional battery dear there rather.

itssimplyjeff1

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
OP there is no off switch for the 4g and there are settings for find my phone that reduce the battery hit but the only way to turn it off is to turn out location services. Both find my phone and 4g piggyback on other services so the battery draw is minimal. Think about it this way 3g and 4g radio is the same radio so no additional battery draw there. Find my phone is using data gathered by location services when it is used by other programs so no additional battery dear there rather.

Thanks for the info man! i noticed that turning off location services along with the feedack for the "buttons" made my battery last like 5 billion times longer. im at 49% and my last charge was about 15 hrs ago.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mducros