Local Scout Buginess

randywintle

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
So, I thought the update to the high fidelity position today might help this, but no go.

Local Scout about 90% of the time when I start it will say it does not have location information, after 3 or 4 tries it will work.

However, if I go straight to bing, and type in restaurant, and do a local, it comes up instantly with my location.

Anyone else experiencing similar behavior? I don't think location is messed up on the phone, I think its unique to the Scout app.

ScubaSteve2

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
So, I thought the update to the high fidelity position today might help this, but no go.

Local Scout about 90% of the time when I start it will say it does not have location information, after 3 or 4 tries it will work.

However, if I go straight to bing, and type in restaurant, and do a local, it comes up instantly with my location.

Anyone else experiencing similar behavior? I don't think location is messed up on the phone, I think its unique to the Scout app.
Yeah, the scout location detection is all messed up. It always uses my home location as the search for scout even when I am not there. So for instance, I open Bing by hitting the search button on the phone, I can clearly see the current city that I am in, in the upper right corner (which is different than the city where I live), then I hit the local scout button, and it returns search results from where I live (aka not the city I am currently in). My home location is probably the first location that it used when I first got the phone, which is probably why it keeps using that. However, it should be using the location of my current city.

MikeF74

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I have had the same problem as the OP since day one.

I noticed today that there was an update to Samsung's location services, but I just tried Local Scout now and still have the problem.

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I haven't noticed any difference in Local Scout between my Quantum and my Focus S.

Sent from my SGH-i937 Focus S using Board Express!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3