Windows

Windows 10 Cloud will run Win32 apps, but only from the Windows Store

Excessive in a good way

GTX 1050 in a 15-inch convertible? Lenovo went there

Windows goes galactic

Revealed: Samsung's Surface Pro-like Galaxy Book, running Windows 10

Saving money on data

Mint SIM is the perfect way to get cheap data in the U.S.

We made some changes

Our new forums are here!

Don't count Windows Phone out just yet

Dead? Psh. Here are 5 reasons to stick with Windows 10 Mobile

VPN vs. Proxy

The difference between a proxy and a VPN

Latitude attitude

Dell Latitude 7280 is a business laptop with tons of consumer attitude

4K all the way

You probably don't NEED a 4K webcam, but we love Logitech's BRIO 4K anyway

Long live Windows phone

Contrary to popular belief, Windows phone won't die anytime soon

XP-YESSSSSSS

Dell's already awesome XPS 15 gets even better in 2017

Surface Pwn 5

Surface Pro 5, Project NEON details leaked on LinkedIn?

Redefining the PC

Why Microsoft's Surface phone could be MUCH more than a mere 'phone'

Surface table meets Windows 10

Yes, we did put Windows 10 on the original Surface table ... and it rocks

Cream o' the crop

Before buying a Microsoft laptop, check out our pick for the absolute best

Simple and secure, just the way I like it

We think Windows 10 Cloud is a great idea, here's why

uber micro

Halo Wars 2 has something for everyone. Here's our full review.

Oldie but goldie

We reviewed Microsoft's decade-old Surface table

Creators Update comin' at ya

These are the coolest new features in the next big Xbox One update (video)

Buyer's guide

The Razer Blade 14 is the best laptop Razer has to offer

< >
Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Im a new WP7 user having just purchased the Focus S on the day of its release. One of the big selling points for me having come from Android was its reliability. Ive read in several places that in reliability WP7 beats out both iOS and Android but unfortunately Im not seeing it. Heres some of the issues Ive had so far:

1:
    I was talking on the phone using the included headset and downloading a few things from the marketplace. I turned off the screen and continued my conversation until I had to take note of something. When I tried to turn the screen back on, it just wouldnt. I ended up waiting until I finished my conversation and ripping out the battery.

2:
    I started downloading a few podcasts before my train ride to work. I didnt realize how big they were so I ended up leaving while they were still downloading. When I got home I taped them to resume downloading but they kept saying connection error. I deleted them and tried redownloading them again but the same issue. IE and Twitter both worked so the phone was connected. I tried turning the phone off but after I slid to shut down the screen went dark but would not turn back on. I gave it 10 min and tried again. It wouldnt turn on but I noticed the back was warm so I pulled the battery again

3:
    I was using onenote intermittently to take notes during a meeting. At one point I tried taking notes by rotating the screen into landscape view but the screen wouldnt rotate. I tried in IE and calculator as well but none of them rotated. I ended up restarting the phone

4:
    Two day ago the non rotating screen popped up again so I reset the phone. After I reset it, the WiFi was not connecting. I tried resetting the router and deleting the connection profile with no success. I ended up restarting it again to fix it.

Is this normal for WP7? Is it a Mango issue? Maybe a Focus S problem? Do I have a bad phone and need to exchange it? Or am I forced to walk out in the rain, fall to my knees and scream WHY? into the night sky every time this happens? Any input would be helpful. Thanks.

Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would say either Focus S or bad phone. I've never never had any of those problems you mentioned. Granted both of my WP7s are HTC ones

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would say you have a bad phone. I have had my Focus S from day one and havent had any of those issues
    Mod Emeritus

Global Posts
    6,179 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We don't use the word 'special' anymore. We prefer you say 'functionally challenged.'