and I'm kind of disappointed, When I grab it the battery back came of and the screen lacks the brightness of the Galaxy S II devices.

Anyone had this problems?
    11-26-2011 08:53 PM
    Would imagine that the back was attached to one of those security devices?

Sent from my Something Somwhere
    11-26-2011 08:59 PM
    It was, the high part pop right off. Also it was the only phone without a sim attached so I couldn't enjoy fast browsing.
    11-27-2011 06:45 AM
    and I'm kind of disappointed, When I grab it the battery back came of and the screen lacks the brightness of the Galaxy S II devices.

Anyone had this problems?
    I had the same problem with the battery cover. When I picked it up the entire cover almost detached from the security lock. I can't get over just how crappy that back cover is. However, it is weird how many reviews talk about how "cheap" the Focus S feels considering it has the same build as the GSII, a phone which everyone praised for its build quality.
    11-27-2011 07:38 AM
    When the back cover is attached properly it won't come off unintentionally, and definitely doesn't feel cheap
    kpope429 likes this.
    11-27-2011 09:31 AM
    The back mesh is actually one of my favorite aspects of the design of this phone.

Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express
    11-27-2011 10:27 AM
    In comparison, the HTC Inspire 4G back came off while I was at the Costo Wireless Kiosk.....just like the Focus S.....
    11-27-2011 10:55 AM
    I ran into the same issue at the AT&T store with all the premium Samsung phones, you'd think they'd get a clue. I almost skipped over it and got the Titan, but I went to a Microsoft store and got to try them out a little more in person.

The brightness isn't really an issue, it's just that by default the phone's setup to auto-dim, switching it to manual & medium will make it more than bright enough ! You can also go under "extra settings" in the app list and disable auto display intensity which causes more of the fluctuations when you have a page that's mostly white. I'm not sure how much more battery life this sucks up, but the Focus S easily lasts twice as long as my previous Android phone (Motorola Atrix 2).
    jfa1 likes this.
    11-27-2011 03:17 PM
    The battery door is indestructible.
    11-28-2011 11:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD