Tried this phone today at an AT&T kiosk.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
and I'm kind of disappointed, When I grab it the battery back came of and the screen lacks the brightness of the Galaxy S II devices.

Anyone had this problems?

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
and I'm kind of disappointed, When I grab it the battery back came of and the screen lacks the brightness of the Galaxy S II devices.

Anyone had this problems?

I had the same problem with the battery cover. When I picked it up the entire cover almost detached from the security lock. I can't get over just how crappy that back cover is. However, it is weird how many reviews talk about how "cheap" the Focus S feels considering it has the same build as the GSII, a phone which everyone praised for its build quality.

btbam91

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
The back mesh is actually one of my favorite aspects of the design of this phone.

Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express

spd_rcr

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I ran into the same issue at the AT&T store with all the premium Samsung phones, you'd think they'd get a clue. I almost skipped over it and got the Titan, but I went to a Microsoft store and got to try them out a little more in person.

The brightness isn't really an issue, it's just that by default the phone's setup to auto-dim, switching it to manual & medium will make it more than bright enough ! You can also go under "extra settings" in the app list and disable auto display intensity which causes more of the fluctuations when you have a page that's mostly white. I'm not sure how much more battery life this sucks up, but the Focus S easily lasts twice as long as my previous Android phone (Motorola Atrix 2).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs