Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I got this email today, can't wait to buy some games and Apps :D

Dear Dinesh,

We're pleased to let you know that you will be receiving your $25.00 Prepaid App Card from Windows Phone in the next 7 to 10 business days. This card is perfect for purchasing apps and games for your Windows Phone.

Your card is being mailed to you at the following address:

If you have any questions regarding your card or if the address listed above are incorrect, please call 1-800-522-7458, or send an email to help@citiprepaid.com. In the meantime, please look for your card in the mail.

Enjoy your Windows Phone and make it more personal with apps and games from Windows Phone Marketplace (www.marketplace.windowsphone.com).

Sincerely,

The Windows Phone Team
    Yay!

Anyone else sign up for the $25 Marketplace credit? :)

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Nice. BTW, how long did it take them to confirm?? I applied for mine yesterday.

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peestandingup View Post
    Nice. BTW, how long did it take them to confirm?? I applied for mine yesterday.
    i applied for mine on the 18th...still nothing):

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I applied for mine the 18[the day wpcentral posted the article], and got the confirmation email today. email is from "Citi Prepaid Services" so make you didn't skip it cause of the name.

I applied for the card the morning it was available but still have not heard anything.

I haven't heard anything yet. :(

Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express

I'm actually getting pretty anxious now! I want Plants vs. Zombies, but I am waiting for this to get it!

Talked to a rep, she said 6-8 weeks. Should get it sometime in January...

I submitted mine on black friday. I'm really itching for it, there's a half dozen games I want to add to my collection.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,947 Global Posts
    sent mine on the 7th...

WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I got mine in the mail. I will be uploading pictures soon. Its basically a citi prepaid VISA card. It has your name on it and even sports a nice Windows Phone skin on the card with a Microsoft logo on the back of it.

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    got mine yesterday, now i'm having a hard time figuring out what to buy, lol.

i bought angry birds, battle log companion and rc flight sim (for my kids)

i already have:
    7pass
    all flights
    app flow
    battery status
    facebook
    flashlight xt
    forward contacts
    free ringtones
    garmin street pilot
    google+
    gps speedometer
    htc hub
    htc youtube
    im+ pro
    msn postbox
    navigon
    newegg
    nokia drive (yes, i have 4 navigations, lol)
    nokia maps
    htc notes
    htc photo enhancer
    pizza hut
    screen capturer
    skydrive
    stormglass
    super mario ringtones
    tv show
    wp shortcut
    xbmc remote
    youtube
    breeze
    shuffle party
    sonic 4
    xbox live extras
    drag race
    earthwork jim
    jewel3
    rc-air sim
    solitaire
    angrybirds

what does everyone suggest? i obviously have the navigation covered, lol. i don't game on my phone all too much.

Mine is finally on its way! I can't wait!

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I finally got an email saying mine was on its way as well. :)

Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Got mine. Since it looked like any old prepaid Visa card I tried using it to buy fast food. No luck :)

Submitted the info week and half ago and just got the email today. Another 7-10 days now.
    I don't understand why it has to be a card-how about crediting your Zune account or something...

Sent from my LG Quantum using Board Express
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,947 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scdkad View Post
    Submitted the info week and half ago and just got the email today. Another 7-10 days now.
    I don't understand why it has to be a card-how about crediting your Zune account or something...

Sent from my LG Quantum using Board Express
    Suppose you want to give the card to someone else? I have all the paid apps I need, but if I wanted to, I could always allow someone to use my card to buy the app they need. Heck, now that I'm saying this, you could even sell your card for $20 and pretty much make a profit if you don't have an app you need to pay for.

Mine is on its way also :-D

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    I assume you have to only use it on apps not music?

Sent from my kick-*** TITAN using Board Express

I got my $25 card last week. Best deal ever. Last year, microsoft gave me a free copy of Halo Reach when I bought that phone. Got it for nothing, just signed up for 2 years. This year I upgraded my second line on their Black friday special. Got the phone for a penny plus this 25 gift card. Awesome, can't wait to see what promotions they come up with next year.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,947 Global Posts
    My 2nd card is on its way! w00t w00t.

Can anyone tell me what the envelope looked like that it came in? Guessing mine came during Christmas (I got the notification on the 6th) and that in haste while going through my mail I threw it away. If it was a generic citi envelope that looked like a credit card offer, I might be doing some dumpster diving, but it'd be nice to know first.

Quote Originally Posted by 44zippo44 View Post
    Can anyone tell me what the envelope looked like that it came in? Guessing mine came during Christmas (I got the notification on the 6th) and that in haste while going through my mail I threw it away. If it was a generic citi envelope that looked like a credit card offer, I might be doing some dumpster diving, but it'd be nice to know first.
    I just got my card! The envelope says Windows Phone and has the logo on it. The card doesn't seem to be associated with Citi in any way...

I've run into a small issue. When the card gets down to a point there doesn't seem to be any way to use up the remainder. In Washington state it's illegal to do this as is putting an expiration date on the card.
    It's a small amount of money but the thought that someone's sneaking off with all these remainders really irks me.
    Any thoughts ?
    Unlawful actions — Remaining value — Lost/stolen gift certificates.

(1) Except as provided in RCW 19.240.030 through 19.240.070, it is unlawful for any person or entity to issue, or to enforce against a bearer, a gift certificate that contains:

(a) An expiration date;

(3) If a purchase is made with a gift certificate for an amount that is less than the value of the gift certificate, the issuer must make the remaining value available to the bearer in cash or as a gift certificate at the option of the issuer. If after the purchase the remaining value of the gift certificate is less than five dollars, the gift certificate must be redeemable in cash for its remaining value on demand of the bearer. A gift certificate is valid until redeemed or replaced.