I'm backkkkkkkkkkk!

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
From the Focus to the Titan and now back to Samsung with the Focus S.

I have yet to see the device have less than full strength (reception) since it has been activated.

I'm downloading Bandwidth as I type to test the speeds out and see if there are any differences.

I'll probably miss the screen size, but happy I made the switch a day before my 30 days.

And hmmm... wonder if that means 2 app cards :)

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
It's so odd that European Titans seem to be fine, but U.S. Titans seem to have issues. I wonder if it's from some of the software that AT&T installs.

btbam91

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
My brother hasn't had any problems with his Titan. What problems exactly are people having?

Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
It's so odd that European Titans seem to be fine, but U.S. Titans seem to have issues. I wonder if it's from some of the software that AT&T installs.
I think a majority of the issues are pretty much HTC. That's 80% of the traffic at my job. Screens, charging ports, power cycling, etc.

I've never had any issues with Samsung.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
9fd4dc36.jpg

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Me too, I went from focus s to titan, and now I have both. I'll probably try to sell the titan on eBay. I really think wp7 was made for samoled screens.

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Me too, I went from focus s to titan, and now I have both. I'll probably try to sell the titan on eBay. I really think wp7 was made for samoled screens.

The screen on the Focus S seems to pop on the screen. I do miss the larger screen, but the portability of the S makes up for it along with the SAMOLED+ screen.

Rocket_Girl

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
The screen on the Focus S seems to pop on the screen. I do miss the larger screen, but the portability of the S makes up for it along with the SAMOLED+ screen.

I agree, duvi. Focus S is effortless to use. Titan screen was awesome...appreciated it while I had it, but for use as a smartphone is intended, Focus S rocks.

tn_friend

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I did the same thing, and am back to the Focus S. I think the Focus S is an awesome phone, love how lightweight it is, and the screen is amazing. The Titan seemed to have several issues. After having an iphone 4 for a year, I must say I enjoy WP7 OS much more than ios.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I agree, duvi. Focus S is effortless to use. Titan screen was awesome...appreciated it while I had it, but for use as a smartphone is intended, Focus S rocks.
I love it, however, I may see my first concern with the Focus S... battery life when it comes to stand by time. I woke up and my device was almost dead, after coming off being fully charged.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Hmm, different strokes for different folks I guess. Have used HTC devices exclusively the past 9 years (8 devices I think) between PocketPC/WinMo/WP and never had a hardware issue. Haven't tried the Titan out though. Sorry, but Samsung support (or lack thereof) scares me.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, different strokes for different folks I guess. Have used HTC devices exclusively the past 9 years (8 devices I think) between PocketPC/WinMo/WP and never had a hardware issue. Haven't tried the Titan out though. Sorry, but Samsung support (or lack thereof) scares me.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express
I understand. Samsung makes fantastic devices, usually top performers. But they really have a poor history of supporting them in the field. It may come from the sheer number of different phones they sell worldwide. But still, it is a rep I am very leery of. I spent several hours in an AT&T store kicking around both the Titan and the Focus S, and really wanted to like the HTC monster more. Part of it was the fact that HTC supports their equipment. I just couldn't ignore the performance of the Focus S. It won me over.

If I had gone Android, I doubt I would have taken a Samsung over a HTC. I probably would have taken a Motorola over a Samsung, truthfully. I expect HTC to truly support the Titan and it's other WP selections, even 1st Gen ones like your surround. I will just keep my fingers crossed for my "S".

GekkoAce

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site

I haven't had any problems either on At&t.

I'll never buy another Samsung again... Enjoy your Focus S Duvi. It's obviously a good phone. I'm just too mad about my experience with my Focus r1.4 which I think is under my couch somewhere still without Mango...

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I'm back too I got a great deal on my second Focus S. I can't figure out why I ever got rid of this phone.

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Well folks, I too am back. Wait, umm, no, I just picked the right device the first time around. ;-)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes