Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By tmotytn

Just wanted to say that I dropped my Focus S from about 4 feet high onto the grocery store floor a few days ago, and not a scratch or crack! Whew...I was worried, but it looks and works just fine! Still think I better decide on a case, just to be safe for the next unintentional drop test. LOL

Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Two or three sayings usually stand the test of time:

--you never get a second chance to make a first impression

--your phone can handle one drop, not two

--never trust a fart

There are probably more, but those three are pretty important...
    Thanked by:
  3. mykllee
    That's where the lightness of the Focus S comes into play......you gotta love it. A heavier phone will hit the ground harder. I don't want a case, as I love the phone in all it's glory....am looking at Gecko strips... GeckoStrips® powered by egrips® Technology put on the sides where I grab the phone.

One up: My wife dropped her TITAN down our wooden stairway yesterday. Didn't hurt the phone at all :)
    Go drop yours down the stairs and let me know if your Focus S is still scratch free. lol

Global Posts
    1,017 Global Posts
    Dropped mine on the concrete this weekend, scratched up the two bottom corners. In my attempt to catch it before It fell, I made things worse because I knocked it higher in the air before it hit the ground pretty hard. No damage to the screen or functionality, this phone is tougher than I thought. :D

I have unintentionally ran the Drop Test twice on my S and both times on concrete in the parking lot. Once it fell face down and once it hit the corner when it met the concrete. It has no scratches or cracks whatsoever and to those thinking it is made of cheap plastic "No the back cover did not pop off".

I also did the unintentional drop test while on a walk. It flipped end overend . And only minor scratches on the caseing. My case ( a barely there case by Casemate) helped quite a bit it probably flipped 6 times down a hill on asphalt.

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

Global Posts
    348 Global Posts
    dropped mine on the pavement getting out of the car this week. A few dings on the edges and the battery cover did pop off but everything is fine and the screen still perfect. I'm feeling pretty lucky though.

Go gorilla glass.:D

I drunk-dropped my phone last night. Not a single problem! :)