Any buyers remorse after Nokia 900 and LTE announcements?

Old_Cus

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Click to view quoted image

I'm the same, I won't wait on anything. :D

Hope you're enjoying your Focus S and Windows Phone in general.

Welcome along to WPCentral Old_Cus. :)
Thanks for the warm welcome Wee Bear, I can't tell you how much this forum has helped me with my new phone. My son got a focus a year ago and I played with it off and on. When I decided it was time for me to upgrade to a smart phone I went straight to wp and mango.

One thing I think people miss is the large numbers of new smart phone owners that don't have the experience of using ios or android. My wife and son choose wp and they both loved them. A year later I decided to follow them and I choose my focus S over an iphone 4S. I think the largest influx of wp7 users will come from new crossover customers instead of iphone and android defectors.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
That's great news Old_Cus, yes WP is easy to use for new users of smartphones I think.

Hope you're liking your Focus S. :)

3 WP's in the family? Can't be bad. :)

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the warm welcome Wee Bear, I can't tell you how much this forum has helped me with my new phone. My son got a focus a year ago and I played with it off and on. When I decided it was time for me to upgrade to a smart phone I went straight to wp and mango.

One thing I think people miss is the large numbers of new smart phone owners that don't have the experience of using ios or android. My wife and son choose wp and they both loved them. A year later I decided to follow them and I choose my focus S over an iphone 4S. I think the largest influx of wp7 users will come from new crossover customers instead of iphone and android defectors.
I am excited to hear that!! I know my Wife has played with our friends Android, and says she is so happy she followed me to WP. My son has an Android, and really is jealous of our XBOX live hub, and he has the S/E Play, which is kinda funny that he likes the standard games hub on WP more than his Playstation phone!!

I completely agree with you- WP's best chance for loyal customers is from feature phone conversions. I do think Microsoft and Nokia aiming for developing countries with Tango is a reflection of that. I think the US sits at 45%-ish for Smartphone ownership in mobile right now, or there about. There is a ton of growth out there, as I bet over time the analysis of about 75% Smartphone ownership will be about right.
Welcome to the forums!! Please keep posting!!

TheMetro

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
Nope. I will enjoy my Focus S as long as I can, though I'm still trying to find a way to sneak my $10 mediaNET data plan in there. I'll just sit back and wait for the LTE network to mature a bit more. I look forward to a an Apollo-powered Nokia in my future.

Bifurcated

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
The truth is, once you buy a new phone, you should stop reading this site, Engadget, etc, until you are six months away from the next phone. Otherwise it will drive you crazy!

chomsky11

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
To answer OP, no buyers remorse. Nokia makes some great hardware, and it's good to see an OEM whole-heartedly embrace WP7, but the Focus S is a seriously sexy and feature-packed phone, and I wouldn't trade it for a Nokia device unless I had some major incentive. The Lumia 800 is a sweet looking device, but I'll stack the S against it any day.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
To answer OP, no buyers remorse. Nokia makes some great hardware, and it's good to see an OEM whole-heartedly embrace WP7, but the Focus S is a seriously sexy and feature-packed phone, and I wouldn't trade it for a Nokia device unless I had some major incentive. The Lumia 800 is a sweet looking device, but I'll stack the S against it any day.
I agree on Nokia. Hopefully, them being all in on WP will bring much needed sales to the platform, and bring other Windows Phones makers along for the ride. Kinda like what the Motorola Droid line did for all Android phones a couple years back. The success of that line helped promote all Android devices. I believe Nokia excelling at WP will do the same thing for Samsung, HTC, and all the other handset makers.

Glad you like your "S"!! And welcome to our forum!!

coffeemike

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
No. Well, not for the reasons you'd think.

I've had the Focus S for three weeks now and love it as a phone. It's incredibly light, thin, and the screen is brilliant.

However, especially over the last week, I've had issues where it just stops talking wifi. Like, it thinks it's still connected to the home router, but suddenly everything stops and times out. (Yes, I know WP7 drops the connections when it's asleep and unplugged to save battery life. This is while I'm using the phone.)

If that proves to still be an issue, I'm either going back to AT&T for a chat on hardware issues, or I'm returning it and picking up a Lumia 900. I'm hoping the March 18th rumors hold for availability, if that comes to pass.

One reason I would NOT go to the Lumia 900 is if the screen is worse. The screen is why I picked the Focus S over the Titan; I haven't seen anything like it before. I can't tell from pictures alone whether the 900's screen will be on par or not.

The Focus S is slim and light. I'd miss light. It is also slippery as all get out; it hasn't hit the floor yet, but it's been bobbled a few times.

So, I'm really on the fence for now. But I have no regrets about owning a Focus S.

Old_Cus

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
The Focus S is slim and light. I'd miss light. It is also slippery as all get out; it hasn't hit the floor yet, but it's been bobbled a few times.

I have two words for you......Case-Mate case.

I picked up the Case-Mate Barely There Case and I'm loving it with my Focus S

:cool:

Kredrian

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
I thought about the 900, but my Focus S is just too good. This is my second WP, and its a boss! Will keep it until Apollo comes.

infamousdaveman

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Heck no!!!!

First time posting to the forums and Im super happy to see satisfied Focus S owners out there like myself!(and my wife!) I was a verizon customer and a KIN owner to boot!(Had to get my windows phone love somehow lol) I couldnt wait to get my grubby hands on a true windows phone but I had to wait until my contract was up so I could jump ship to whatever carrier had the best phone. So I researched, scanned every tech site, and followed windows phone blogs nonstop to see what was coming up and ever since the first spy picture of a samsung windows phone emerged, I was very intrigued. So when they started doing windows Phone inner circle parties to showcase them, I jumped at the chance and my wife and I went to the Hard Rock in San Diego to enjoy the festivities. It was a blast, getting hands on with the Flash, Titan, S, even the import models like the LG jil Sander and the Toshiba/fitsu waterproof model ! It was hella fun and I really leaned towards the Titan at first, but it was my wife who fell in love with the focus s and the more I saw it and felt it in my hands, I just had to have it.

Like others, I purchased it for a penny around Thanksgiving and I have been nothing but satisified with my purchase!! Im not gonna lie, the Nokia Lumia 900 looks pretty sweet, and I really like the Cyan, but I see no real reason to upgrade. The Focus S is fasst, has been reliable and very sturdy, and I have no issues with my "4g" speeds either. Too bad samsung and mircosoft didnt market it more, it would have had alot more success if people knew it existed. But you know, Im happy with having one of the best unknown phones out there...love being different. So no, Im not ready to abandon my phone now...with a small investment, I now have what I want, a "lumiafied Focus S' ;)

thelastfoiter

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Just for my S from the WPChallenenge! I love it so far but I want to unlock it and use it on Tmobile. If anyone would recommend a reputable unlocking site that you've used that doesn't require paypal, it'd be much appreciated!

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
The only thing I don't like about the Focus S, is the ugly SAMSUNG bellow the main buttons and the Windows Phone logo on the back. ( Nokia phones don't have that Windows Phone logo, which makes them look nicely).

But after the embarrassment that's the Lumia 900 camera, The Focus S is the king.

thelastfoiter

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
The only thing I don't like about the Focus S, is the ugly SAMSUNG bellow the main buttons and the Windows Phone logo on the back. ( Nokia phones don't have that Windows Phone logo, which makes them look nicely).

But after the embarrassment that's the Lumia 900 camera, The Focus S is the king.

I completely agree, the HUGE Samsung logo needs to go, and I personally think they never should have been named the "windows phone" in the first place. Windows is great but nobody makes a correlation between it and a phone. Everybody likes xbox and there is tight LIVE integration. It should've been like the xPhone or something along those lines.
Just my 2 cents

hulawafu77

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Yep, because this phone's reception with 4G is terrible and the 900 is a speed demon. Also longer battery. Noticed the Focus S also runs hot, the 900 remains cool.

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

infamousdaveman

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
haha, a fellow Kin owner! I still have my Kin TWOm (the redesign that didn't require a data plan).

Me too! I actually really liked my Kin alot! It was great training until I got my Focus S too! Did you ever revert yours back to the original OS? The one with the loop and spot? I did once I got off Verizon just to see what it was like and Its kinda cool to see how they originally worked. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077