Any buyers remorse after Nokia 900 and LTE announcements?

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Okay, we all know how this works. It is time for a Phone upgrade. You can bolt from your old, worn out phone to something new. You look, you research, you take your time, you look for a great deal, and you find it exactly. It makes you giggle and show off your new toy and learn all the great things you can do. Then, it happens: The next wave of Mobile struts its stuff, and you start thinking "Man, had I just waited 2 more months..."

With the Nokia 900 all but announced, the new HTC Titan variant with LTE in the works, and Samsung rumored with LTE that may actually have greater specs and a larger screen, anyone out there feeling that weird, pressing feeling in the pit of their stomachs when they play with their Focus S?

I know how I feel, but just curious how all my fellow "S" owners are doing right now....

Rocket_Girl

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
No regrets. My area is still faux G - not even real 4G let alone LTE. Happy to wait for better LTE coverage and refinment of battery life w/ LTE.

E_man#CB

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Will all the new Nokia/Titan LTE phones even be out within the next 3 months? CES stuff often doesn't show up for 3-6 months it seems like. I haven't yet decided between the titan and the focus s, but the new possibilities aren't terribly deterring. Especially since they haven't been announced yet.

btbam91

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, I would skip this iteration of phones and wait for the Apollo phones. But I am happy with my Focus S because it only cost me a penny!

slpaige

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
nope. I'm quite content with my focus s. I'm even having some fun trying out my hand with some homebrew development.

tmotytn

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
no remorse here, just a little pissy about having to return my Titan...but my Focus S has been very solid and I have had zero issues with it...

That said, not so sure about how long I will wait to make the jump to the Galaxy Note when/if it drops on the Death Star--as good a phone as the S has been, it will still be difficult not to drool over a phone like the Note... :cool:

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I think the best I can say about my "S" is that I really do not care at all other "improved" WP's are coming out. That is what made me think about throwing the question out there. I am really enjoying my new toy, and yes I got mine for the penny as well, so that helps. No other phone I have ever had, even when I enjoyed them, kept me from looking at other ones with a little bit of longing. But with my "S" I am not even worried about it.

Now, if Apollo brings some high def screens and truly upscale hardware, maybe I will start getting the itch, but I am happy with the Focus S. And I am pleased most of you are as well.

And by the way, tmotytn- my Wife is a Titan owner, but she is wanting the note as well. So, do not feel alone!!

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Will all the new Nokia/Titan LTE phones even be out within the next 3 months? CES stuff often doesn't show up for 3-6 months it seems like. I haven't yet decided between the titan and the focus s, but the new possibilities aren't terribly deterring. Especially since they haven't been announced yet.
Since you have not decided yet, I would wait until announcements are made. Even if the Nokia or new LTE devices don't get you hooked, both the Titan and the Focus S will most likely drop in price. Than it will be easier to grab one. If at all possible, maybe even wait until May to see what goodies get rumored from WP8.

I highly recommend the Focus. The Titan is a good smartphone, but the "S" is a GREAT one, with no real weakness and very few reported problems.

M

mykllee

I do get that weird feeling in the pit of my stomach when thinking about a 4.3 inch Nokia screen....but for me it goes away when I pick up my S. The lightness, the screen, what was I thinking???

davidkhou

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Not at all, especially given the fact that I was originally holding out hope for a solid LTE WP7 Verizon annoucement at CES. Now that Verizon's only projected WP7 phone is just the 710 in the Spring, I'm glad I jumped to ATT early and didn't wait. Other than form factor/build, the S and the 900 won't be too different, other than for potentially LTE. But I'd rather have my fake 4G and better battery life than give that up for LTE and increased thickness.

Rocket_Girl

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Since you have not decided yet, I would wait until announcements are made. Even if the Nokia or new LTE devices don't get you hooked, both the Titan and the Focus S will most likely drop in price. Than it will be easier to grab one. If at all possible, maybe even wait until May to see what goodies get rumored from WP8.

I highly recommend the Focus. The Titan is a good smartphone, but the "S" is a GREAT one, with no real weakness and very few reported problems.

Focus S has been $19.99 on Amazon since before Christmas...w/ 2yr new contract on at&t.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I paid $0.00 for mine, so I'm as happy as can be :)

Also... I will have an upgrade for the 900/ace or whatever high-end nokia comes out.

spd_rcr

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I have a bit of remorse with every tech purchase because there's always something better coming out next week, but the Focus S has been a stellar phone and who knows when the Lumia 900 will actually land.
After CES, I'm actually more excited about the Titan II. If HTC has improved the call quality to Samsung levels combined with that monster camera and monster screen, it ought to clean up.

In all fairness, my biggest disappointments with the Focus S have to do with the limited space, picture/video quality (coming from an iphone), and the lack of factory docking stations (assuming the Galaxy S II ones don't happen to fit). Call quality, speed, display, gps, and the whole WP 7.5 experience are all amazing, so I don't think I could have bought a better phone at the time.

Cartman

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
My Focus S has been great but looking forward to getting the Lumia 900.

I like how light the S is though. Thinking the 900 might have a "wow" factor that the S doesn’t quite have...other than the screen.

Honestly other than the design/case I don’t expect there to be much of a difference. Sure the 900 may have better reception, data speeds, camera, and exclusive apps but not enough to warrant an upgrade.

A part of me wants to support Nokia for having a top notch exclusive design. Can’t say that about the S as it’s just a rehash of the Galaxy II….not necessarily a bad thing but not exclusive.

Nokia has a certain allure to their devices that is hard to express. I expect them to be a strong contender against Apple in industrial design. Really can’t say any non-Nokia WP competes with Apple's industrial design.

hwalker84

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Okay, we all know how this works. It is time for a Phone upgrade. You can bolt from your old, worn out phone to something new. You look, you research, you take your time, you look for a great deal, and you find it exactly. It makes you giggle and show off your new toy and learn all the great things you can do. Then, it happens: The next wave of Mobile struts its stuff, and you start thinking "Man, had I just waited 2 more months..."

With the Nokia 900 all but announced, the new HTC Titan variant with LTE in the works, and Samsung rumored with LTE that may actually have greater specs and a larger screen, anyone out there feeling that weird, pressing feeling in the pit of their stomachs when they play with their Focus S?

I know how I feel, but just curious how all my fellow "S" owners are doing right now....

I only paid a penny for my Titan. I should be able to sell it for $300 ish if i want to upgrade to the 900, Titan 2, or some other mystery device.
I have zero buyers remorse.

Old_Cus

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm a new Focus S owner and this is my first post. None what so ever. I knew the 900 was coming but I didn't want to wait. No LTE yet in my area so I don't feel that I am missing out on anything.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
welcome.gif

I'm the same, I won't wait on anything. :D

Hope you're enjoying your Focus S and Windows Phone in general.

Welcome along to WPCentral Old_Cus. :)

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3