Loving how quiet it is over here...

Rocket_Girl

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Just saying. Having come to Focus S from the TITAN (and before that, Trophy), I still read those threads. The Focus S forum is so quiet on contrast...there are glitches, sure... but they're largely the same ons that affect all Windows phones. Seems like we have less to complain about over here! Now if we could only get the 7740 & newest updates (I am spacing on ####) we could be rid of the disappearing / inaccurate keyboard!

tmotytn

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I checked the XDA Focus S forum a couple days ago, and there are crickets chirping over there, too...

I am unlocked, with some of the Homebrew apps, stealth tethering enabled, audio working, screen acting fine, no battery/charging problems, found a cheap aftermarket case...nothing to complain about really. Weird, huh?

The disappearing keyboard doesn't happen every time, so I have just dealt with it, although I notice that it happens at the worst possible times...

I swore off Samsungs after my Captivate, but I reckon giving them a second chance was a good thing...

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
The Titan forum has settled down a lot too. Most issues are still about call quality but most of the others never get mentioned. I think people are learning to cope. Also, HTC announcing that they are looking into the issue probably eased a lot of fears.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I haven't lost my keyboard once, so I am lucky. I am with you Rocket Girl. I love my S. And as far as I can tell, so does most everyone else. I am hoping satisfied customers inspire some more sales. I want the Focus line to continue.

Rocket_Girl

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I haven't lost my keyboard once, so I am lucky. I am with you Rocket Girl. I love my S. And as far as I can tell, so does most everyone else. I am hoping satisfied customers inspire some more sales. I want the Focus line to continue.

My keyboard disappears less now that I shut down background apps (I.e.: weather). At least now when it DOES vanish, I am usually able to grab it back without losing everything I typed. Now accuracy, in the other hand...that is driving me a bit nuts, but I know that is part of the *eventual* update...AND unlike muffled calling it tortures me more than it does my peeps. if anything, the keyboard is the source of plenty of robust, off-color humor.

Best thing is that...although I am having lots of fun watching CES gossip, I am not coveting any of the new devices one bit!!!

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
You arrived late. When the Focus S was the first "high end" 1.5Gen WP7 device out, there was plenty of pissing to be done. Notedly, the using the headphone jack with headphones would forcibly mute (and no way out) the built in mic during calls, the audio quality took a serious dive vs the old Focus (audio hiss & pop during music playback on higher end cans), and the screen seriously had issues making up it's mind on which brightness to be at (which later "Extra Settings" updates fixed for me, though some people still don't like it).

Either way, I ended up getting the Titan since I already was experiencing burn in on my [at the time] two month old Focus (I used it a lot for turnbyturn navigation - for which WP7 is woefully behind android for many reasons, even with Navigon and Garmin [both I have]).

Rocket_Girl

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
You arrived late. When the Focus S was the first "high end" 1.5Gen WP7 device out, there was plenty of pissing to be done. Notedly, the using the headphone jack with headphones would forcibly mute (and no way out) the built in mic during calls, the audio quality took a serious dive vs the old Focus (audio hiss & pop during music playback on higher end cans), and the screen seriously had issues making up it's mind on which brightness to be at (which later "Extra Settings" updates fixed for me, though some people still don't like it).

Either way, I ended up getting the Titan since I already was experiencing burn in on my [at the time] two month old Focus (I used it a lot for turnbyturn navigation - for which WP7 is woefully behind android for many reasons, even with Navigon and Garmin [both I have]).

I hear you...I would avoid another first-release purchase of any device: the early(iest) adopters do discover the bugs and absorb the headaches. I am glad you are having better luck with TITAN (I) than some of us did. I did love the screen size.../sigh.

M

mykllee

In extra settings I keep my auto display intensity off. When I power off the phone, the auto display goes back on....even though it says it's off.
Do I really care? No. This is absolutely the only thing I can find wrong with the phone. Am I complaining? No. Just trying to make some noise over here!

Silverdogz

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
My Focus S has been getting alot of attention. By people on the street. And with no disappearing keyboard. Sometimes I catch myself looking at a Titan. Then the S beeps reminding me how much better super amoled+ is over super LCD. In a sentence I love my Focus S.

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

RSTitleExaminer92

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
No issues over here...at all. I didn't even know there was a disappearing keyboard issue.

I switched over from the Captivate (which was a total pile of rubbish), and I didn't want to go back to iOS, so I went WP7.

I just got in on Sunday (1/8), so I'm still in the honeymoon phase, but it looks like this just might be the best phone I've ever purchased, and Windows Phone has itself a new fan.

Matts4313

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I checked the XDA Focus S forum a couple days ago, and there are crickets chirping over there, too...

I am unlocked, with some of the Homebrew apps, stealth tethering enabled, audio working, screen acting fine, no battery/charging problems, found a cheap aftermarket case...nothing to complain about really. Weird, huh?

The disappearing keyboard doesn't happen every time, so I have just dealt with it, although I notice that it happens at the worst possible times...

I swore off Samsungs after my Captivate, but I reckon giving them a second chance was a good thing...

Our focus S arrives on Friday and I am looking forward to unlocking and homebrew. Could you provide some details on how you did it?

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I wish they would bring this phone to verizon. Looks like a great phone and all we have on verizon is the trophy. Need something with a larger screen and lte and this phone would be awesome on vzw.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3