Attention original Focus owners/previous owners

J4rrod

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so I'm not sure if it's just me, but does it seem like to you that the Focus S doesn't run Mango nearly as well as the Focus? I am constantly getting hangs and just little annoyances. Something the multitasking menu won't open, sometimes it'll freeze for a few seconds going from one place to another, sometimes the phone will just be really slow and display a "loading" message while doing something simple like opening a text, and heck sometimes I'll hit Start once and it will read that I'm holding it and Tell Me will open up.

I had none of this on original Focus. Is it just my Focus S?

Sent from my Samsung Focus S using Board Express.

cajuncartfan

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so I'm not sure if it's just me, but does it seem like to you that the Focus S doesn't run Mango nearly as well as the Focus? I am constantly getting hangs and just little annoyances. Something the multitasking menu won't open, sometimes it'll freeze for a few seconds going from one place to another, sometimes the phone will just be really slow and display a "loading" message while doing something simple like opening a text, and heck sometimes I'll hit Start once and it will read that I'm holding it and Tell Me will open up.

I had none of this on original Focus. Is it just my Focus S?

Sent from my Samsung Focus S using Board Express.

Didn't have the original as I have just moved to Windows Phone but I have none of the problems you are experiencing. You might have a bad phone.

E-werd

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I did have the original Focus. I am definitely seeing the problem with the capacitative buttons reading as a hold (i.e. start will hold and go to voice command, back will hold and go to background applications). I wouldn't use that as a comparison, as this is a device-specific bug.

Slower than the original Focus? I disagree. The Focus S blows the Focus out of the water in terms of speed. I am noticing some slowdowns nowadays, but it's due to maxing out my background applications and having between 20 and 30 tiles on my start screen, along with probably close to 100 apps and games. Something has got to give and I don't begrudge the phone/OS for it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss