Live Tiles Stop Working?

dlrohm

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
I have a Focus S running 7720. Has anyone had problems with Live Tiles not updating anymore? I've tried everything to get them to work again to no avail. Apps like Weather, WPCentral, Feed Reader, Stacks - they all do not update their live tiles anymore no matter what I try in the app and in the background task settings.

Any ideas or suggestions that I can try or is this a known bug with the Focus S or the OS?

Thanks.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Yes I had a similar problem with my focus s. I posted a thread about it in the general section. My problem was that some tiles like weatherlive would update the weather, but not my location. Any rss reader I had stopped updating the feed counts.
I even went as far as resetting my phone, but after a day or so the updates stopped again.
I know this sounds crazy but in both cases the live tiles seemed to have stopped working after I installed and configured an app called "NewsSpot." I certainly am no expert, I'm sure it's just a coincidence.
Yesterday I did another reset and, so far, everything is working fine.

dlrohm

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Yea, I did a reset a while ago as well to try and fix the problem and, like you, it was working fine for a few days. Now it's back to not updating again. I wish there was a fix for this, live tile updating is one of WP7's biggest and strongest features.

So frustrating...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos