"phone" app crashing / won't open

Mr_pither

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
hey all,

anyone seen this one before? Focus S just out of the blue the phone app won't open. tile will vanish for a moment, then goes right back to 'home' screen. can't launch from tile or from app menu. hard reset of phone = no difference. did the manual 8107 update weeks ago, but this just started yesterday. chevron'd months ago, installed a few apps but nothing recently.

TIA,

Hank

Silverdogz

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Try restarting the phone I had this problem a few weeks ago it went away after the restart. Its seems to be caused by pulling the battery when the phone is on.

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

Mr_pither

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Try restarting the phone I had this problem a few weeks ago it went away after the restart. Its seems to be caused by pulling the battery when the phone is on.

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express
by restart you mean power off then back on? have done that several times. haven't pulled the battery though... guess I'll try that now. edit: battery pull had no effect.

Last edited:

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
So to clarify. You have already tried a "hard" reset, which wipes your phone and restores it to factory fresh, with any added OS, firmware updates. If not, unfortunately that may be what you need. Have you installed any Homebrew apps, or done any Registry tinkering?

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss