Slow video playback 1080p?

LUISG0000

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
Hi. I have some videos/trailer on my pc. They're 1080p, already on my zune suite and synced to my phone. The problem is that when I try to view these on my Samsung Focus S it will play really slow/ bad framerate. Has anyone encountered this problem? I also have an old samsung focus and playback is perfect. Thanks

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Hi. I have some videos/trailer on my pc. They're 1080p, already on my zune suite and synced to my phone. The problem is that when I try to view these on my Samsung Focus S it will play really slow/ bad framerate. Has anyone encountered this problem? I also have an old samsung focus and playback is perfect. Thanks
Sorry, but no, I have not heard of, or encountered this problem. I'm fairly certain that I have not tried to play back 1080p resolution video on my S either.

E_man#CB

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I've never tried, but I would be amazed if it could. My captivate could play 720p video usually, my iPad 1 couldn't even do that while I had it. These aren't that much slower than the Focus S in processing power, so I wouldn't expect it to make the jump to 1080p.

Heck, the dual core snapdragons at the same clockspeed haven't proved themselves able to handle 1080p. Right now, the only mobile chips I know will play 1080p are samsung's Exynos chips, and Apple's A5. I think the later TI chips can, and I assume Tegra 3's can (T2's cannot, but they have no hardware video decoder at all, unlike the T3).

As for the Focus playing 1080p videos...one can only assume something happened over sync such as downsizing them. 1080p is in the range of upper dual cores/quad cores right now. A 3 year old chip isn't going to cut it.

LUISG0000

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
I've never tried, but I would be amazed if it could. My captivate could play 720p video usually, my iPad 1 couldn't even do that while I had it. These aren't that much slower than the Focus S in processing power, so I wouldn't expect it to make the jump to 1080p.

Heck, the dual core snapdragons at the same clockspeed haven't proved themselves able to handle 1080p. Right now, the only mobile chips I know will play 1080p are samsung's Exynos chips, and Apple's A5. I think the later TI chips can, and I assume Tegra 3's can (T2's cannot, but they have no hardware video decoder at all, unlike the T3).

As for the Focus playing 1080p videos...one can only assume something happened over sync such as downsizing them. 1080p is in the range of upper dual cores/quad cores right now. A 3 year old chip isn't going to cut it.
Yeah i'm aware that the phone shouldn't play full 1080p. I had a Samsung Galaxy S2 that did it after converting the videos. My Samsung Focus can play it after the Zune software converts it but the Focus S struggles even after conversion.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12