Microphone and call quality

erike3198

Aug 10, 2007
Visit site
When I am talking on the phone without bt, or without any headset or speakerphone I noticed that I have to hold the phone directly near my mouth or else I sound like I am a mile away. Even if it's an inch away the person on the other end cannot hear me until I put it back right near my mouth. I don't remember having this issue with any other phone and its quite annoying. Its not like I hold the phone far away, just normal, I wouldn't think I need the phone plastered to my face and mouth to talk to someone. Also the call sound volume is extremely low I always want to raise it past 10 and obviously can't. Its much lower than an iPhone., any way to increase this volume??

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Nothing that you are describing is common with the "S". My guess is you have a faulty unit, and should absolutely get it exchanged as soon as possible. Call quality is one of the strengths of the "S". It is what sold me on it over the HTC Titan after trying them both out. Don't suffer with this. Get on the phone with AT&T as soon as you can and get the ball rolling.

1414H77

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
I had the exact same problem and had it replaced 4 times. I finally gave up and went back to my android phone until the nokia 900 comes out.

erike3198

Aug 10, 2007
Visit site
If it were so easy to replace a WP phone, I would get a replacement. But im not planning on reinstalling everything and reconfiguring my apps. Wish there was a better solution to that. Is the s supposed to be as loud as an iPhone? Mine is not close.

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion