Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By PAC757
  • 1 Post By Thuoudo

Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Hi all I was watching an eBay auction till 1 in the morning last night, made the guy an offer for. $300 shipped, the phone is brand new still sealed, will be here Thursday or so. Leaving Sprint :-) will go activate it on Saturday. Any quirks or buggy things I should look for? I'm coming from an Arrive on Sprint. I'm pretty excited about having phone service in my house again and hopefully data speeds above 300 kbs :-)
    HeyCori and snowmutt like this.
    Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    7,164 Global Posts
    Its one solid device you made a good choice. I gave mine to my wife when I got the Lumia 900. I didn't have any issues with that device. It still has the 7720 build so it still has the keyboard issue but that's an OS issue not a device issue.

Congratulations on your new Focus S! $300 sounds like a really good deal.
    I'm awaiting my Focus S from the WP Challenge. Never used the OS before but I'm totally pumped for it to get here! Tmobile for me though.

Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by justop26 View Post
    Congratulations on your new Focus S! $300 sounds like a really good deal.
    Thanks, I have been looking and this guy got if from the "Smoked by windows" challenge, I just dropped Android for WP7 but the Arrive screen and Sprints SLOW data speed is killing me. Haven't been on AT&T for about 5 years, I'm assuming they can't be worst than sprint. At least I got use to get a decent signal in my house. Have to use the Sprint femtocell Airave and it's pretty flakey.

Two prevalent bugs.

1. When you have your phone plugged in, there is distinct lag that goes away the second you unplug it.

2. Turn off the keyboard sound immediately because it is buggy and is very annoying.

Congrats on your purchase. IMHO the only thing the Lumia has over the Focus S is LTE (which isn't available where I live) and the cool Nokia apps.

This site is a wealth of information on both the OS and the phone, just be sure to ask questions after taking a day or so to get aquainted with your phone.
    ...When you judge someone you tell more about yourself than the person you are judging.

Global Posts
    3,507 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
    Love my "S", and I have no doubt you will to. When you cruise the forums of WP, ours is a quiet, happy lot. I have no doubt you will not regret it. My only advice, shut off that annoying auto-brightness setting. Drove me crazy changing intensity for no obvious reason.
    A closed mouth gathers no feet.

Global Posts
    2,799 Global Posts
    Congrats on the win
    Nokia Lumia 1020/Blu Studio 5.0 LTE owner here...

Quote Originally Posted by btbam91 View Post
    Two prevalent bugs.

1. When you have your phone plugged in, there is distinct lag that goes away the second you unplug it.
    This issue is caused by the phone attempting to wirelessly sync and not successfully connecting. Also not a device issue, something network related. Happens on my LG Quantum.

Global Posts
    346 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 64GUNSHIP View Post
    This issue is caused by the phone attempting to wirelessly sync and not successfully connecting. Also not a device issue, something network related. Happens on my LG Quantum.
    I think this is an OS bug as my original Focus is laggy while connected to AC power. It's fine the second I unplug it.

Seeing as I never use it while plugged in it's not a big issue for me at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pac757 View Post
    Hi all I was watching an eBay auction till 1 in the morning last night, made the guy an offer for. $300 shipped, the phone is brand new still sealed, will be here Thursday or so. Leaving Sprint :-) will go activate it on Saturday. Any quirks or buggy things I should look for? I'm coming from an Arrive on Sprint. I'm pretty excited about having phone service in my house again and hopefully data speeds above 300 kbs :-)
    Congrats!! I think youll be extrememly happy, especially with the "4g" depending on your area. My Focus S is pretty darn fast here in Southern California and thats why I havent jumped on board for the new LTE devices. This is fast enough for me and like another poster stated, there isnt much more you get from the new offerings. As far as bugs, I havent really noticed anything aside from the occasional disappearing keyboard and Ive been a happy owner since November 2011. Great cam, great battery life and great performace!! Welcome to the club!! :D

Global Posts
    544 Global Posts
    I got a Titan II for $327 so I guess I got an amazing deal lol.

It's a good device, but the haptic keyboard feedback not working was a deal breaker for me.

Sent from my Titan II using Board Express

Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    I passed on a Titan II (near mint, $339 on ebay the other day) because, when I played with it in the ATT store, I couldn't believe how the screen showed ghosting

We could go back and forth with T II and S shortcomings, but side-by-side, the S looks better, feels better, and doesn't have the USB port in the wrong spot ;)
    Press it...press it for glory!
    L900W: 8779, warranty replacement from Nokia
    Former: Focus S, Focus