Finally got it!!!

thelastfoiter

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Ok so I went up to the store and picked up my brand new Samsung Focus S! All I can say is that I already prefer WP7.5 over any version of android on any device, and I've tried them all. I'm going to stick with this badboy for a while :) If you guys could point me as to where I should start to pimp out my phone it'd be great!
EDIT: Is there anyway I can root this and install Nokias app suite, like drive and stuff? Also not sure exactly how to fix the blue tint...

Last edited:

Thuoudo

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
There is no way to unlock or gain root access on second gen devices yet, unfortunately. Nokia Maps works on my old Samsung, but Drive doesn't.

The blue tint...is just the way it is :blush:

thelastfoiter

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
UHHH this is driving me crazy! ALL apps including microsoft ones always time out when trying to connect to xbox live! But when I'm at my games section it shows my avatar, messages and gamer score and stuff. But say I click "customize avatar" or whatever it just cycles the connecting screen! I'm on wifi as i haven't set it up with a carrier yet.:mad:

xs2k

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I already did that :) ooh but if I force the 8107 update what are the consequences?

As long as you use the cab files, you'll find. I have windowbreak on 8107. Zune will update the firmware, so use the cab files to update. Look in that same forum for files.

thelastfoiter

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm new to wp7... Sooo I have no idea how to update with cab files XD the 2 things I'm worried about are lack of windowsbreak, and anymore carrier updates. Because if I missed out on wp8 (if we get this) then there's book way im doing this.

xs2k

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm new to wp7... Sooo I have no idea how to update with cab files XD the 2 things I'm worried about are lack of windowsbreak, and anymore carrier updates. Because if I missed out on wp8 (if we get this) then there's book way im doing this.

To ensure you won't miss the updates, just fully backup your 7720 rom with zune. There's also a how-to on the xda. You can always switch back just fine.

Anyways, I didn't notice much different with 7720 and the latest update. Keyboard seems to "feel" faster and that's about it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon