MMS on T-Mobile?

geegnomes

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
I have looked all over and can't find how to get the MMS to work. Has anybody figured it out yet? Thanks.
I can't seem to find it either. I would love some help. I tried to adjust some settings on wireless manager, but still can't get it right. Step by step n00b directions would be greatly appreciated. Have been trying for days.

xs2k

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
  1. Go to the Marketplace, tap ?Samsung Zone?, and download ?Wireless Manager?
  2. Once that?s installed, open the Wireless Manager app
  3. Go to the ?apn? screen, and tap ?edit apn?
  4. Push the ?+? button at the bottom
  5. Fill out the data as follows: (any fields that I didn?t mention should be left at the defaults)
  6. APN Name: MMS
  7. Profile Category: MMS
  8. MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
  9. APN:wap.voicestream.com
  10. Auth type: none
  11. Proxy address:216.155.165.50
  12. Proxy port:8080
  13. Click the checkmark button on the toolbar

geegnomes

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
  1. Go to the Marketplace, tap ?Samsung Zone?, and download ?Wireless Manager?
  2. Once that?s installed, open the Wireless Manager app
  3. Go to the ?apn? screen, and tap ?edit apn?
  4. Push the ?+? button at the bottom
  5. Fill out the data as follows: (any fields that I didn?t mention should be left at the defaults)
  6. APN Name: MMS
  7. Profile Category: MMS
  8. MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
  9. APN:wap.voicestream.com
  10. Auth type: none
  11. Proxy address:216.155.165.50
  12. Proxy port:8080
  13. Click the checkmark button on the toolbar
Thanks xs2k. I have tried this method before, but it does not work with the new wireless manager. The MMSC field is limited to a certain amount of characters, and the address cannot fit (using a tinyurl does not work either).

Any other suggestions?

drewsuruncle

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Thanks xs2k. I have tried this method before, but it does not work with the new wireless manager. The MMSC field is limited to a certain amount of characters, and the address cannot fit (using a tinyurl does not work either).

Any other suggestions?
I have the same problem as geegnomes. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

thelastfoiter

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Just got my focus S, what service did you guys use to unlock yours? I'm looking for dirtcheap and reliable if possible. However lack of MMS isn't a big problem for me, however a fix is welcome, if you guys find anything I'd be happy to hear it!

xs2k

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site

Any other suggestions?

I have the same problem as geegnomes. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Just got my focus S, what service did you guys use to unlock yours? I'm looking for dirtcheap and reliable if possible. However lack of MMS isn't a big problem for me, however a fix is welcome, if you guys find anything I'd be happy to hear it!

That is weird. I just unlocked another Focus S (courtesy of MS Promo) and set up MMS for a friend on T-mobile.

When you enter in the MMSC field and after a certain # of characters, the phone will pop up 2 notification...press "ok." After that, enter another character and again press "ok" twice. Do this until you're done with the entire field...Got another one to work for me.

xs2k

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site

I tried a bunch of websites and cellunlocker.net ($24.99) seems to be the most reliable and fastest. Other sites charges less ($14.95), but I get issued refunds afterwards due to "code not found." Waste of time really...

xs2k

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
That is weird. I just unlocked another Focus S (courtesy of MS Promo) and set up MMS for a friend on T-mobile.

When you enter in the MMSC field and after a certain # of characters, the phone will pop up 2 notification...press "ok." After that, enter another character and again press "ok" twice. Do this until you're done with the entire field...Got another one to work for me.

Ok, I know the issue you guys are having now. Samsung recently updated the wireless app...I'm still on the old version.

xs2k

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I FOUND A FIX FOR YOU GUYS!!!

1. Open Wireless Manager
2. edit APN
APN Name: Tmobile US
Internet (always on)
APN: epc.tmobile.com
Auth Type: None
Click Done

Now go back to Wireless Manager and check mark "Automatic APN"

I posted a screen shot of sending a picture to myself.

geegnomes

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
I FOUND A FIX FOR YOU GUYS!!!

1. Open Wireless Manager
2. edit APN
APN Name: Tmobile US
Internet (always on)
APN: epc.tmobile.com
Auth Type: None
Click Done

Now go back to Wireless Manager and check mark "Automatic APN"

I posted a screen shot of sending a picture to myself.
Thanks xs2k! I temporarily can't get it to work yet though. With those settings, are all the other fields blank, or the default?

Thanks again.

boredinclass

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
so i went to wireless manager
then on the apn tab
then edit apn
clicked on the +
apn name : TmobileUS
profile cat: internet(always on)
apn: epc.tmobile.com
auth: none

then clicked the check
clicked back and selected the automatic APN

mms didnt work with that

did i miss something?

wp7isawesome

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
That was exactly what I did and it worked. Do you have data connection enabled (found in cellular settings)?

so i went to wireless manager
then on the apn tab
then edit apn
clicked on the +
apn name : TmobileUS
profile cat: internet(always on)
apn: epc.tmobile.com
auth: none

then clicked the check
clicked back and selected the automatic APN

mms didnt work with that

did i miss something?