It is with great sadness that I will be leaving

Old_Cus

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
......the Focus S area. This weekend I tried to charge my phone not realizing there was a small piece of kleenx in the port. I ended up pushing the tissue in deeper and when I realized what had happed and removed it I had damaged the port to the point that it wouldn't charge my phone.

While I don't post that much when I did post I talked about how much I loved my "S" to the point were I wasn't interested in any other phone. So Sunday I dragged myself to my local AT&T store and got.................a Lumia 900!

So I will be moving up to the Nokia section and posting how much I miss my Focus S. The 900 is thicker and heavier but it's funny that in the few short days I've had it a couple people noticed it (it's black) and asked me if it was a Nokia, something that never happened with my "S".

On to a new adventure!

infamousdaveman

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
......the Focus S area. This weekend I tried to charge my phone not realizing there was a small piece of kleenx in the port. I ended up pushing the tissue in deeper and when I realized what had happed and removed it I had damaged the port to the point that it wouldn't charge my phone.

While I don't post that much when I did post I talked about how much I loved my "S" to the point were I wasn't interested in any other phone. So Sunday I dragged myself to my local AT&T store and got.................a Lumia 900!

So I will be moving up to the Nokia section and posting how much I miss my Focus S. The 900 is thicker and heavier but it's funny that in the few short days I've had it a couple people noticed it (it's black) and asked me if it was a Nokia, something that never happened with my "S".

On to a new adventure!
Enjoy!! Im sure alot of peeps will be jumping ship the more that Lumia keeps popping up everywhere. I am still absolutely loving my S so I think Ill be here until I see what Sammy has in store come Apollo. Enjoy the 900, still havent gotten hands on with one so Im looking forward to that soon. WHo knows, might sway me but I doubt it...Focus S is like a part of me now LOL.

Old_Cus

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Enjoy!! Im sure alot of peeps will be jumping ship the more that Lumia keeps popping up everywhere. I am still absolutely loving my S so I think Ill be here until I see what Sammy has in store come Apollo. Enjoy the 900, still havent gotten hands on with one so Im looking forward to that soon. WHo knows, might sway me but I doubt it...Focus S is like a part of me now LOL.
I'm still going to see how much to fix the port. I will tell you one thing I didn't know about the 900...it has visual voicemail....way cool!

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Sorry about your Focus :(
But I am glad you got another WP7 phone, when I read your thread title I was afraid toy were going to be saying you left wp7 for Android or iPhone!

I have a Lumia 900 as well and I love it. Its my favorite phone I've ever owned before. Welcome to Team Nokia!

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

infamousdaveman

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm still going to see how much to fix the port. I will tell you one thing I didn't know about the 900...it has visual voicemail....way cool!
Visual voicemail should be the next update for our phones, I think thats why ATT waited on the 8107 update. They are going to deliver 8112 to the rest of the lineup to match the lumias :) Or so I hope...guess well see

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
You broke your phone with TISSUE PAPER???? Wow, Cus, that is truly a first....

I was just getting used to your posts here!! Bummer!!

Actually, so long as you are happy, we are happy. I am still enjoying my "S" enough I really do not have a wondering eye yet. The 900 is a unique device and stands out. The "S" looks like most every other black slab in the mobile world. Nokia is a company in need of credibility, so we know the 900 will be supported. I hope you love it!!

Old_Cus

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
You broke your phone with TISSUE PAPER???? Wow, Cus, that is truly a first....

I was just getting used to your posts here!! Bummer!!

Actually, so long as you are happy, we are happy. I am still enjoying my "S" enough I really do not have a wondering eye yet. The 900 is a unique device and stands out. The "S" looks like most every other black slab in the mobile world. Nokia is a company in need of credibility, so we know the 900 will be supported. I hope you love it!!

LOL Thanks. I had caught some bug that was going around and I was stuffing kleenx in the same shirt pocket I put my phone in (the disavantage of a bottom usb port). I sent my S to Samsung for repair (replacing the port shouldn't cost that much) so I'll have a choice of phones or I can use the S as a backup for my son and wife (both have gen 1 wp phones). This way I can use one of their upgrades when Apollo comes out :D

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
For those moving up...

Hey guys, I'm using the AT&T MVNO carrier Red Pocket Mobile. Unfortunately, this means that I am paying full tilt retail for devices or getting used ones. Seeing everyone here upgrading to a Lumia or newer stuff makes me wonder how many of you have an older Titan/Focus/etc... you might be interested in moving cheap?

What I really need is a good deal on a used device (AT&T compatible please) for my wife. She was using an iPhone 4 but loved my Focus S so much she moved to my old T-Mo Radar. She only gets 3G data in some areas, but the experience is so much better she's willing to live with it. I'd love to get her a proper AT&T handset if anyone has a spare though!

Just PM me with what you have and I'll see what we can do.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3