Redefining the PC

Why Microsoft's Surface phone could be MUCH more than a mere 'phone'

Surface Pwn 5

Surface Pro 5, Project NEON details leaked on LinkedIn?

XP-YESSSSSSS

Dell's already awesome XPS 15 gets even better in 2017

Surface table meets Windows 10

Yes, we did put Windows 10 on the original Surface table ... and it rocks

Cream o' the crop

Before buying a Microsoft laptop, check out our pick for the absolute best

Simple and secure, just the way I like it

We think Windows 10 Cloud is a great idea, here's why

uber micro

Halo Wars 2 has something for everyone. Here's our full review.

Oldie but goldie

We reviewed Microsoft's decade-old Surface table

Creators Update comin' at ya

These are the coolest new features in the next big Xbox One update (video)

Buyer's guide

The Razer Blade 14 is the best laptop Razer has to offer

Windows 10 app gems

10 terrific Windows 10 apps you should be using

Tower of power

Here's what we think of Dell's XPS Tower Special Edition

Quite a deal

Grab the complete C# coding bootcamp for $41!

Your go-to laptop guide

Introducing our ultimate laptop buyer's guide

Listen here

Attn Android and iPhone users: What you need to know about Windows phone

Old is new?

The original Surface Pro still holds its own in the 2-in-1 world

Xbox Greenlight?

No, internet, Microsoft isn't opening Xbox to all UWP games

Falling in love

HP Envy 34 review: An ultrawide curved all-in-one after my heart

2015 machine in 2017?

Surface 3 still holds its own in 2017

Let Kodi cut your cord

You should be using Kodi for Windows 10

< >
Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Old_Cus
  • 1 Post By infamousdaveman
  • 1 Post By anotherhawkeye
  • 1 Post By Old_Cus
  1. Old_Cus's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    417 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #1  
    ......the Focus S area. This weekend I tried to charge my phone not realizing there was a small piece of kleenx in the port. I ended up pushing the tissue in deeper and when I realized what had happed and removed it I had damaged the port to the point that it wouldn't charge my phone.

    While I don't post that much when I did post I talked about how much I loved my "S" to the point were I wasn't interested in any other phone. So Sunday I dragged myself to my local AT&T store and got.................a Lumia 900!

    So I will be moving up to the Nokia section and posting how much I miss my Focus S. The 900 is thicker and heavier but it's funny that in the few short days I've had it a couple people noticed it (it's black) and asked me if it was a Nokia, something that never happened with my "S".

    On to a new adventure!
    HeyCori and Laura Knotek like this.
  2. HeyCori's Avatar
    Mod Emeritus

    Posts
    6,128 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,177 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #2  
    I'm debating myself right now if I should ditch my Titan and get the white 900.
  3. thelastfoiter's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    139 Posts
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #3  
    dude titan is sooo unresponsive! I have a titan and a focus S, it's like night and day. Go with the 900 trust me.
  4. infamousdaveman's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    95 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Old_Cus View Post
    ......the Focus S area. This weekend I tried to charge my phone not realizing there was a small piece of kleenx in the port. I ended up pushing the tissue in deeper and when I realized what had happed and removed it I had damaged the port to the point that it wouldn't charge my phone.

    While I don't post that much when I did post I talked about how much I loved my "S" to the point were I wasn't interested in any other phone. So Sunday I dragged myself to my local AT&T store and got.................a Lumia 900!

    So I will be moving up to the Nokia section and posting how much I miss my Focus S. The 900 is thicker and heavier but it's funny that in the few short days I've had it a couple people noticed it (it's black) and asked me if it was a Nokia, something that never happened with my "S".

    On to a new adventure!
    Enjoy!! Im sure alot of peeps will be jumping ship the more that Lumia keeps popping up everywhere. I am still absolutely loving my S so I think Ill be here until I see what Sammy has in store come Apollo. Enjoy the 900, still havent gotten hands on with one so Im looking forward to that soon. WHo knows, might sway me but I doubt it...Focus S is like a part of me now LOL.
    snowmutt likes this.
  5. Old_Cus's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    417 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by infamousdaveman View Post
    Enjoy!! Im sure alot of peeps will be jumping ship the more that Lumia keeps popping up everywhere. I am still absolutely loving my S so I think Ill be here until I see what Sammy has in store come Apollo. Enjoy the 900, still havent gotten hands on with one so Im looking forward to that soon. WHo knows, might sway me but I doubt it...Focus S is like a part of me now LOL.
    I'm still going to see how much to fix the port. I will tell you one thing I didn't know about the 900...it has visual voicemail....way cool!
  6. socialcarpet's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,893 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #6  
    Sorry about your Focus :(
    But I am glad you got another WP7 phone, when I read your thread title I was afraid toy were going to be saying you left wp7 for Android or iPhone!

    I have a Lumia 900 as well and I love it. Its my favorite phone I've ever owned before. Welcome to Team Nokia!

    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
  7. infamousdaveman's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    95 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Old_Cus View Post
    I'm still going to see how much to fix the port. I will tell you one thing I didn't know about the 900...it has visual voicemail....way cool!
    Visual voicemail should be the next update for our phones, I think thats why ATT waited on the 8107 update. They are going to deliver 8112 to the rest of the lineup to match the lumias :) Or so I hope...guess well see
  8. anotherhawkeye's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    37 Posts
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #8  
    I'm on my first month with focus s and loving it. 900 doesn't interest me much. I will use it till Apollo and get one of the super phones.
    snowmutt likes this.
  9. snowmutt's Avatar

    Posts
    3,803 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,824 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #9  
    You broke your phone with TISSUE PAPER???? Wow, Cus, that is truly a first....


    I was just getting used to your posts here!! Bummer!!

    Actually, so long as you are happy, we are happy. I am still enjoying my "S" enough I really do not have a wondering eye yet. The 900 is a unique device and stands out. The "S" looks like most every other black slab in the mobile world. Nokia is a company in need of credibility, so we know the 900 will be supported. I hope you love it!!
  10. Old_Cus's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    417 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by snowmutt View Post
    You broke your phone with TISSUE PAPER???? Wow, Cus, that is truly a first....


    I was just getting used to your posts here!! Bummer!!

    Actually, so long as you are happy, we are happy. I am still enjoying my "S" enough I really do not have a wondering eye yet. The 900 is a unique device and stands out. The "S" looks like most every other black slab in the mobile world. Nokia is a company in need of credibility, so we know the 900 will be supported. I hope you love it!!
    LOL Thanks. I had caught some bug that was going around and I was stuffing kleenx in the same shirt pocket I put my phone in (the disavantage of a bottom usb port). I sent my S to Samsung for repair (replacing the port shouldn't cost that much) so I'll have a choice of phones or I can use the S as a backup for my son and wife (both have gen 1 wp phones). This way I can use one of their upgrades when Apollo comes out :D
    snowmutt likes this.
  11. waazzupppp's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    512 Posts
    Global Posts
    619 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #11  
    Hey guys, I'm using the AT&T MVNO carrier Red Pocket Mobile. Unfortunately, this means that I am paying full tilt retail for devices or getting used ones. Seeing everyone here upgrading to a Lumia or newer stuff makes me wonder how many of you have an older Titan/Focus/etc... you might be interested in moving cheap?

    What I really need is a good deal on a used device (AT&T compatible please) for my wife. She was using an iPhone 4 but loved my Focus S so much she moved to my old T-Mo Radar. She only gets 3G data in some areas, but the experience is so much better she's willing to live with it. I'd love to get her a proper AT&T handset if anyone has a spare though!

    Just PM me with what you have and I'll see what we can do.

Posting Permissions