Any Canadians with the Focus S?

anon(5334066)

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I'm wondering if there's anyone here using an unlocked Focus S i937 in Canada. If so, did you buy it from eBay? I'm looking to buy one soon, and am confused by the customs charges and such. I'll likely pay around $300+$30 shipping, but it says on the customs site
"if the item is worth more than CAN$20, you must pay the applicable duty, the GST or HST, and any PST on the item?s full value", there's also an $8.50 handling fee. \

So what I'm asking, is what did you actually end up paying?
GST for me, in Nova Scotia is 15% (10 federal, 5 provincial), so would I have to pay $45 tax? That's ridiculous. I might as well move to the states and buy the damn phone on AT&T.

Is there any way I could get the seller to pre-pay these for me, or make the package exempt from custom fees?

Thanks in advance.

anon(5334066)

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Unless you get a great price you're probably better of just getting the 900... I hear ya, though. I've wanted one since it launched.
I found a great deal on the XDA forums.. $180 with cheap shipping, should be here this week :)

Mind you it's not new but I requested several pictures from the guy and it's in very good condition. I kinda want the 900 though..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon