Battery really overheated, and it was a religous experience...

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Had noticed my phone not holding a real good charge lately, but just wasn't that concerned. Coming home from Church, all of a sudden I felt a slight, uncomfortable feeling in the right front pocket where my trusty Focus S always resides.

By the time I got home, there were prayers of panic as my right leg was ON FIRE!! Geez, the phone was near too hot to touch. I ripped out the battery (never regretted having a case on my phone before). It was painful to touch.

Cooled down, I have another on the way (Amazon was the cheapest). I shut the phone off and just turn it on and off to check and use it.

This ever happened to anyone else? Would have really been a bummer to let out a scream and possible bad word during Church as my leg spontaneously combusted....

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
God is telling you to get a Lumia 920 instead! :D

But no, despite studying to become a priest one day, I've had no religious encounters with mobile phones :D Havn't really had non-religious encounters regarding batteries either :p Well, once for no explainable reason my battery seemed to have completely discharged itself. I had not really done anything with the phone, I charge every night, but early in the day I noticed the battery had gone completely dry. I had no observed any heat in my pocket or anything, no idea what happened. Still using the same battery and it works fine except for that one time case.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Hey, God doesn't need to repeat Himself to me!! I am a tad thick headed, but a second degree burn will get the point driven in!!

Blessed be those who take thine hints.....

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Yikes! That's awful. :(

I sure hope that never happens to me.

I live right across the street from my church, so I leave my phone at home. I don't have anything that can't wait for an hour till I'm home after services. But I sure wouldn't want to come home to a burnt phone.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
It was unpleasant, but no harm done!!

But, it is my new fish story. Everytime I tell it, it gets bigger. Pretty soon I will have it going into critical mass and me saving the city by throwing my body on it.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I had a similar issue with my Pre 2, but, knock on wood, not with my 900...

I use my Pre 2 as an MP3 player at work... I generally use it all week without issue and shut it off, Friday afternoons, for the trip home. One Friday I shut it down and threw it in my computer bag while the shutdown screen was on. After my 20 min drive home, I decided I needed to use my notebook, but when I was pulling it out noticed the bag was almost too hot to touch around where the Pre was. Pulled it out and it was stuck on the shutdown screen and practically on fire. Had to pull the battery and let it cool. Fortunately I had a spare battery and after it cooled down, everything seemed to be OK with it.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
A fellow former Pre user!!!

A fire in the backseat.... Can't imagine that wouldn't change your driving habits for a minute or two.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo